Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Venting---Need to kill my hubby >

Venting---Need to kill my hubby

Venting---Need to kill my hubby

Old 05-24-2010, 03:47 PM

Go and have a good time, I like the idea you have when you come back, credit card, LQS, oh yeah!Makes it all worth it!
Old 05-24-2010, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by gail-r
You guys ARE NOT going to believe what just happened. He just came in the office and asked if I could fix dinner early because he wants to watch the Laker game. I decided that killing would be too good for him, instead I think I'll just torcher him for the next 43 years! He is going to need a bigger dog house soon, very soon.
Ahhhh, just tell him that you might feel the need to tie a knot in his oxygen tubing.... :lol: ;-) :shock: Mine came to the craft show to help me break down yesterday :P he spent most ofthe time listening to the hockey game on the car radio. :(
Old 05-25-2010, 03:21 AM

ok heres an idea seeing how I think of ANY way I can have a studio if you don't use your 5th wheel very much maybe you could use it while it is sitting there for your little getaway to sew in. I know its lots of work all at once but just think it is better to have something you can do with your hubby I know I terribly miss mine when I am not with him and that is who he is and why you love him.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:40 AM

The payback idea is a good one, hum! LQS is having a shop hop sale right after we get back......what do you think? I'm thinking about 2 or 3 hundred on the credit card might do it?
I would tell him Man I'm gonna "B" slap you into next week for that. He could have thought of this before you worked your tail off. What I hate about these trips is coming home & unpacking. It seems like it takes forever to get everthing back in order. You go & have a wonderful time & next week you have a fabulous shopping spree & double dog dare him to say anything.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:43 AM

you know, hind sight is 20/20, and I am sure he thought it would be fun to go, and you KNOW he felt bad seeing you do all that work! PS he still really wanted to go even thought he offered that you two didnt have to go. He was trying to be polite. My hubby does the same thing. :-D but you know we love them all anyway!
Old 05-25-2010, 08:32 AM

You are toooo funny! Great reply! He could have said that way before you did ALL that work!!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

I understand the desire to do so - but it's way too much bother to try and catch and train a new one.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:02 AM

Don't murder him. As I tell my BFF, they won't let you take your quilting stash to prison.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:40 AM

For years, our trips to our cabin in the woods was the same way, I did it all while DH and the kids had all the fun. It was the way DH's parents did it. Mine never went camping or anything like that in my memory. One year, I just flat refused to go. I told him I was tired of being the only one who didn't get a vacation. When I went over the details of how things broke down, he did see how unfair things were and we changed the way it was done from then on.
After that, everyone packed their own things. If they forgot it, oh well. Of course the youngest had some help but took most of the responsibility. Each person, child and adult, took responsibility for a day of meals, and a day of clean up; including menu planning and shopping list. The rule was, no complaining about the food someone else made. And when we got home, everyone unloaded their own stuff, put it away, and helped with the laundry.
Not only did I have more free time, but we all became closer as a family as we shared the laughs and experiences of learning and growing in skill as cooks and packers.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:43 AM

The payback idea is a good one, hum! LQS is having a shop hop sale right after we get back......what do you think? I'm thinking about 2 or 3 hundred on the credit card might do it?
SWEET REVENGE!! Perfect!! 8-)