Unrecognized birthdays

Old 07-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Dee

Happy Birthday to you. I'm here in Pa. too and will have a piece of coconut cake and coffee with you in heart. Many more. :D :thumbup: :P
Old 07-18-2010, 06:06 PM

A belated happy birthday to you. Sorry no one in your family remembered. Perhaps you need to do as I do and gently Drop a hint early on that you will be having a
special day and invite them to share it with you in
one way or another.

Hugs to you,
JuBee
Old 07-18-2010, 06:29 PM

Happy birthday and wishing you a wonderful year; it will be with all your new friends on this board. I hope you did what someone suggested way back on page 1, invite the neighbors in for cake so you could tell your family you had people in to celebrate your birthday.

July 12 would have been the 95th birthday of a really unique and special person, my dad (special not because he was mine, everyone loved him)(even tho he looked EXACTLY like Archie Bunker!). I may not remember your name a year from now, but you can be sure I'll think of you with a smile next July 12.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:40 PM

Oh, no! People used to say that my Dad looked like Archie Bunker! Problem was, my Dad could act like him sometimes too.
Originally Posted by mrs. fitz
Happy birthday and wishing you a wonderful year; it will be with all your new friends on this board. I hope you did what someone suggested way back on page 1, invite the neighbors in for cake so you could tell your family you had people in to celebrate your birthday.

July 12 would have been the 95th birthday of a really unique and special person, my dad (special not because he was mine, everyone loved him)(even tho he looked EXACTLY like Archie Bunker!). I may not remember your name a year from now, but you can be sure I'll think of you with a smile next July 12.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:17 PM

Happy birthday, hope you enjoyed your cake. My birthday's on New Year's Eve. DH always wants to go out a day or two before that because he doesn't like going out on N.Y. eve. Daughters will both call me a day or two later, say they just mailed a card, hoped I had a good birthday and they would have called on my birthday but they were going out/or having a party. How long does a quick call or even an e-mail message take anyway? Gotta love 'em!!
Old 07-18-2010, 07:17 PM

When you spend your younger years caring for and remembering others' birthdays, you have to wonder why they can't return the courtesy. Happy Birthday to you, luv! I hope you did something fun for yourself!
Old 07-18-2010, 08:01 PM

I can totally relate. My Mother doesn't seem to remember my birthday anymore. I rarely hear from siblings. Oh well, what are you gonna do?
Old 07-18-2010, 08:15 PM

Don't think you're alone, it hurts to have people forget your birthday or things that are special to you. I can certainly sympathize. Hope you have a happy birthday and enjoy the cake! Give yourself a hug.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:18 PM
EC

Hope it was a great one anyway and the coconut cake sounds delicious! Happy Birthday!
Old 07-18-2010, 11:37 PM

Aww, Happy Birthday to you, Hugs and Kisses. My husband told me the other day I might not have money to do any thing for your birthday next month, that's ok I thought. Wanna know a secret? Pepperige Farm Coconut cake is my favorite with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!!!