Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
not liking my new sewing machine >

not liking my new sewing machine

not liking my new sewing machine

Old 12-10-2010, 06:25 AM

Hi,

I have a couple Babylock embroidery machines, so yours is similar.
The space key looks like an underline, _ and it's on the bottom of the alphabet, think mine is on the right hand side.
Try that. I also find that I prefer to type in my first word, set it, go to the next word, set it, and so forth as the space bar left a wider space than I like.
Good luck!
Bev
Old 12-10-2010, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug
I bought the Brothers LB6800thrd sewing and embroidery machine....got it today. I don't like it at all...I wanted to make labels. You can not space between names and date. just not thrilled at all...and it very hard to thread. So disappointed!
I have a Brother HE-240 sewing and embroidery machine and yours is proably a high end machine but mine has an automatic threader and I love it! You just have to make sure that it is going through all the steps right. It took me awhile to learn but now all I want is a bigger one! Just take the book and keep trying to do what it says. Once you get it down I'm sure you will love yours too! On the Embroidery part it is there it took me awhile to find mine also.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:43 PM

My thought is to try it a little too, but better to bring it back sooner than later. I wouldn't want the time to elapse and then be stuck with something that didn't work for me.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:12 AM

I went to a local dealer today...sadly the woman I got knew very little about the machines....and the only machine she wanted to sell me was a Elba for 3k...but she barely knew anything about it...I was so turned off...I had to press her to show me a baby locs but she knew nothing...I asked her what was the different features of the machines and she said they are all the same...I then said there must be a difference...why would I pay 1000.00 more if they are the same...she said its like buying a car...ford vs a cadillac....I could go on...every time I asked what is is the difference of the machines....stupid answers...one made in Europe the other in China or Twain...I left without buying anything...
Old 12-11-2010, 06:58 AM

I don't know where you live, but you need to find a good dealer. Where I shop there are two ladies who know all the in's & out's of the machines. I am so sorry you are being discouraged with your sewing machine shopping. It should be fun and exciting.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:01 PM

I think I found my new sewing machine...went to another dealer today...I really like the Janone 6600 - My hubby said I have to bring the other one back first.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:15 PM

Janome 6600 is a great choice. Many positive reviews and widely considered a workhorse. Only doesn't have a free arm. If you don't need the free arm, it is probably you best bet, try to get it for $1000, and don't pay more than $1200. I got its freearm cousin the Babylock Quest Plus, which is working great for me. But my dealer had another cousin machine, the Pfaff Smarter, with a few more features, and didn't show it to me. The upgrade of the BLQP is to be called the Serenade. It's in a current ad in a Fons & Porter magazine, but not on the Babylock website yet. As fabulous as Berninas are, they have nothing with a wide harp (space to the right of the needle) for less than $8-10K. Just get something that works reliably for you so that you can get sewing. Sorry about your bad experiences with dealers. We've all had those, but it's really the best for buying machines over $200.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:25 PM

Can you send it back? Sorry you were so disappointed.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:57 PM

How much time do you have to try it before it's yours forever. I you don't like it, take it back.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:06 PM

I will bring the brother embroidery sewing machine back this week. Other may like it but its just not the machine for me. I really like the Janome 6600, It more than 1000.00 in my town. But the dealer is really good and has two and half year full warranty. I do wish it had a free arm, but I think I will be fine without one. I mainly make quilts and pillows.