Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
accu cutter >

accu cutter

accu cutter

Old 12-15-2010, 10:33 AM

but my DH has said he would help. I got it because I wanted to cut the fabric, not ask him to help me every time. RATS.

Look at is as you are opening a new chapter in your lives together...let him break it in
Old 12-16-2010, 12:23 AM

I did my first project with my new accuquilt GO and just LOVE it
! It reduces cutting time by 90%! yes I did say 90%! I know because, I did it.
The pieces were all cut in less than one hour and they were perfect and all the same. No variations in any of the squares or triangles. And the triangles had no dog ears because when the shapes are cut, the dog ears aren't there. So easy to match up.
Again, when cut 'by hand' you can't help have variations - it'ds only human. That is impossible using the accuquilt GO. I got mine at almost 1/2 precise. Check Amazon, these new ones are available, periodically, for low prices. You also can get dies at low prices on the accuquiltgo.com website for reduced price of dies, etc. each week.
Amazon also has dies at low prices. The applique shapes, with fusible web already on,, illiminates that intricate cutting of the shapes. Fantastic is what I say about this wonderful invention! Try it, you surely will like it!
Old 12-16-2010, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
but my DH has said he would help. I got it because I wanted to cut the fabric, not ask him to help me every time. RATS.

Look at is as you are opening a new chapter in your lives together...let him break it in
I love your reply !! But I would be doing a disservice to my DH if I didn't acknowledge that he is in fact, the worlds' greatest "helper of all trades" - he helps me do everything from threading needles to helping me run the mid-arm to encouraging me to broaden my horizons.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:10 PM

OK,i just bought a Baby Go,this morning i sat it on the table folded the fabric to fit my 5" square die.Boy,i had to use a non slip grip thing so i could get the die to go in the rollers to cut.I first thought,why did i buy this thing?But with the non slip thing i finely pushed it in to start cutting.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:24 PM

In the beginning, the dies resist going thru - they do better after getting 'broken in' Also if there are too many layers of fabric, it would be more difficult. I don't know how many layers you had, but it is suggested that you start with one and go up. Don't get discouraged - you will love it before long and wonder how you did without it!
I have the GO and got the BABY for travel

This is my first project made with my accuquilt GO.It is a 24" Octagon Table Topper . I used the design and substituted my own Christmas fabrics. This pattern is from the Mix and Match GO Pattern Book Because the squares were so exact, folding for the prairie points was perfect!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]144095[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-144090.jpe  
Old 12-17-2010, 03:06 AM

If you buy a strip cutter it cuts the border strip in mins...for me it saves time and money not having to replace the rotary blades or making errors while cutting.
Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi
I can see from the posts that most everyone loves their Go Cutters. I get why it works well for applique pieces and lots of small pieces, but I'm not sure why or how it works for borders. Can anyone explain about making borders?
Old 12-17-2010, 03:07 AM

Love this!!! Was the book worth it???
Originally Posted by Roseysue
In the beginning, the dies resist going thru - they do better after getting 'broken in' Also if there are too many layers of fabric, it would be more difficult. I don't know how many layers you had, but it is suggested that you start with one and go up. Don't get discouraged - you will love it before long and wonder how you did without it!
I have the GO and got the BABY for travel
Old 12-17-2010, 10:09 AM
MTS
Banned

I'm glad I waited and didn't run out and buy it the minute it came out (which is what I normally do) .

I think I'm going to get the Vagabound cutter from Sizzix instead. No turning, runs on power, and can use other dies from other companies. The price is certainly compatible, and, according to what I've seen around, you can cut up to 12 layers at a time.
http://www.sizzix.com/product/2313

Anyone already own this? Comments?
Old 12-17-2010, 10:54 AM

I clicked on your link and can find no information on this item actually cutting fabric. I understand it will cut paper.

Is it actually for scrapbooking and not quilting? It's almost too good to be true if it cuts fabric !!!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:20 AM
MTS
Banned

Hi Ginger,
I'm trying to reply but it's not liking my answer. Give me a little bit to figure out what's so offensive (huh?) in my answer.