Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
After reading the unpleasant shopping post..... >

After reading the unpleasant shopping post.....

After reading the unpleasant shopping post.....

Old 01-20-2011, 06:28 PM

My LQS owner and staff are great! The owner was the cashier and I asked her for the pattern of the quilt that was hanging from the ceiling and she ran (not walked) to the back of the shop to get it for me. There was none so she took the one off the demo that was hanging.
After ringing me up I asked for a horn cabinet book and she also ran to get me one on the other side of the room. She could have asked another staff member but she did this herself.
Can't ask for more that that! But I can say the staff in Joann's drives me crazy with their rudeness.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by M.I.Late
Maybe we should see if Admin wants to start a whole section for reviews.

It can be to review LQS. Was staff friendly, was store clean, did you speak to mgmt, did they correct it? Do they have a great online sale right now that you'd like to make us aware of?

Long arm quilting services. Did they do nice work? Was turn around as promised? Did they do what you asked? Are you happy with their work? Were they priced appropriately? Will you use them again?

New fabric or patterns. Was the quality of the fabric good? Are the pictures online true color? Was the pattern easy to make? Do you want to recommend a great pattern to us? Were there any disappointments with respect to a designers collection, pattern instructions or quality of fabric?

I think complaints are allowed as long as you're willing to let them fix the problem. Speak with management and let us know how they handled it. Were they able to satisfied you, their customer?

What do you all think?
Patrice said this further up the topic.

[quote=PatriceJthat is not a purpose of this board.[/quote]
Old 01-20-2011, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by mar32428
Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
This sounds like a FABULOUS plan! Are you offering to do this or wanting volunteers to do this all over the states, lol!!!
There's a LQS in Panama City, Florida that needs to be mentioned. When visiting my son, I stopped there and had a warm welcome and friendly time. It was slow that day so we chatted for some time. Yes , I made purchases.

Recently, I purchased material for a new quilt back in Orlando but could not find the shade of brown I needed for accent. My DIL ask me to send a sample and she went to that same shop. The ladies helped her, gave her samples and the bolt numbers. They had exactly the shade of brown I needed and I get it this week. The shop is "Quilting by the Bay, 2303 Winona Drive. 850-215-7282." There's not a lot of fabric stores in that area so this is a gem.
The LQS in Panama City is AWESOME!! I visited several years ago and didn't buy a grouping of baby flannels that I really liked. After being home for several weeks I decided I wanted them. I called and described the fabric. The salesperson wasn't sure which of 2 I wanted soooooo she took pics and emailed them to me. THAT folks is GREAT customer service!!! Can't wait to get back down there.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:45 PM

Did you make your angel pix?
Old 01-20-2011, 07:50 PM

I think we would be better off just letting everyone know our good experiences with all the LQS. That way we can all enjoy their shops weather they be local or online. I know that I look and listen to all of the post here and the shops that everyone talks about having good luck with are the ones I would prefer to buy things from myself. This has always been a positive place to be and it would be nice to keep it that way.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:13 PM

I am so lucky to have some really nice quilt stores in our area. I walk in and the gals working always say hello and if I need help to let them know. In fact, I have bought 4 Bernina's over the last twenty years. Even the other LQS have always been nice. I think the Shop Hop they hold each year helps and gives quilters and stores a chance to meet and visit outside the local area.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Missysgottohelp
I think this is a wonderful idea. I know that I won't shop any where that has snotty snippy employees. I can go somewhere else and spend my money. I refuse to be treated that way by any store.
Sometimes a gentle reminder of who is paying who could be a good thing.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by joan_quilts
Well, I only have 1 local quilt shop around here within a 50 mile radius, so I can do that one! LOL

Maybe everyone needs to post the pros/cons of their shopping expierence of the stores they visit. It doesn't have to be just LQS, but JoAnn's or other places.

This way, we could see who is nice and who isn't before driving so far to a shop. I know with gas prices, I am not going to drive too far for bad service! LOL
Hey, I am all for it. However, I recently posted about a bad experience in a store and the moderators closed the thread. I didn't even mention the name of the store. So don't be surprised if they do it here, too. BTW, I did send my complaint about the store to the corporate office, and I haven't heard a word from them. They have not even acknowledged it.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:31 PM

I'm all for this. I have a local quilt shop that I've done business with. There was one time I had asked for a certain pattern. She sold me the copy that she used to make her model. Along with all the writing on it. I paid full price. Wasn't happy about that.
Usually I get good service.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by quilterjody
My LQS is great. The owner makes it a point to call you by name. She even sets up a special night (beyond regular store hours) during the holidays for husbands (or wives) to come in a shop. You fill out a wish list and she helps them figure it out. I think she feeds them too. Her staff is so nice too. If you are ever in Colorado, check out Creative Cloth Closet in Canon City.
Now that sounds like a quilt shop everyone should have. Maybe we should send a copy of your post to all of the other quilt shops and give them all a Big Hint.