Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Old 02-11-2022, 04:55 AM

woodlandcreature and SusieQOH, I have Frolic waiting in the wings also. I started it then decided I didn't like it. But I like the Frolics I see online. Don't know if I will ever go back and figure that one out.
Old 02-11-2022, 05:58 AM
Power Poster

origami- sounds like a good plan!
Old 02-11-2022, 07:34 AM

Plodding along here.... I have finished clue 6 and did most of the cutting for clue 7 last night. Got to finish pressing clue 6 and cutting to length some of the neutral strips to clue 7, then back to stitching. I have found two previous mysteries that are well along the way and will tackle them next to get them done.
Old 02-11-2022, 07:36 AM

I thought I posted yesterday but appear to have lost that post so.....

My flimsy is done! Not sure when I will finish it in term of layering and quilting because I don’t have a home for it so I will add it to my growing stack if unfinished with the unused blue for binding. No Frolic in my future....maybe I will finally do her Mackinaw one next fall. I have had such a great time doing my quilt with all of you! I so appreciate Bonnie’s generosity in providing this mystery fun for us and am totally in for the next one!

I have pulled out a 10” stacker that has gardening bunnies to make an economy block quilt for a baby being born at Easter time. It appears that a stacker with no fussy cutting will come very close to making a 40x60 quilt with the economy block......unfortunately I need to fussy cut so some extras have been pulled.
Attached Thumbnails ce9e1475-04f1-4446-88ba-a809b7405871.jpeg  
Old 02-11-2022, 07:59 AM

Mumto2, love your finish! And yes, the correctly done borders have nicer corners but I'm still ok with mine

Sadly for me, finishing the top means I have to get more dedicated with going through my house and packing and stuff like that.

Old 02-11-2022, 08:45 AM

Mumto2, that looks fabulous!

I'm somewhat discouraged after yesterday. My clue 3s were the perfect size, my squares after adding the large triangle are a mess! Then I realized that I had forgotten to look ahead and determine best pressing strategy for no sashing; it would have been so easy to press to the pink and everything would have nested, but I pressed to the neutral. I wasn't willing to do all the work necessary to reverse them, so it will be a pain to put together. And I am not liking the appearance of my crazy neutrals used for A blocks. Perhaps things will look better today.

Last edited by joe'smom; 02-11-2022 at 09:01 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-11-2022, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

Joe'mom- I hope today is better for you. I know how frustrating it can be.
Mumto2- GORGEOUS FINISH!!!

Back to Frolic. I figure I can rip out while watching a movie or something. We shall see............
Paul and I like family evenings with our 2 cats who run into the room right after dinner all set for family time.
Old 02-11-2022, 12:44 PM

Mumto2, Wow, I love your top! It looks so pretty. SusieQOH I didnt finish Frolic either......Some blocks are done, some still in a box under my sewing table. I love your description of family time, we have two kitty cats as well and they are always right there with us. I have started my Blooming Fields quilt. Had to take apart the entire center block as I had it wrong....Arg. Anyway, fresh eyes this morning on it and had hubby double check for me. It is like a puzzle. Iceblossom. I feel for you with moving. We just did that last year and I am still putting away things and I know there are things in our attic I need to go through. I found one of my Bonnie Hunter quilts that the movers used to wrap thing in! It was in a box in our barn!! Brought it in, washed it and it is fine but just be careful. They had to have taken it off the guest bed while packing stuff for us.
Old 02-11-2022, 04:49 PM

Terrific, Mumto2! It looks lovely. Quite an accomplishment.

Leslie
Old 02-11-2022, 06:10 PM

This is my rendition of BH's Rhododendron Trail - at least the body of it. I feel like I'm making progress and getting close to finishing now. Maybe Monday I will be able to add the geese. It is so encouraging to see so many finishes. They all are beautiful and reflect all the hard work that went into them.
Attached Thumbnails rhodendron-trail-resized.jpg