Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 08-01-2023, 04:36 PM

Happylab, I am sorry that you missed the correction of the zip code. Let's trust the post office catches it and sends it off to the correct mailbox. In the meantime you are so busy! Amazing five quilts even baby quilts is a lot of work and now off to your own projects. Work on my swapping friend. Show us some pictures. Organizing your sewing room? Start small and nibble away at it and amazing it will be better and better. Well, that works for me any way.

LAF, so many moves! Do you ever get to unpack? You must be a pro at packing, moving and reestablishing life in a new home.

Since it is August first, I took some time today to create a list of goals in my quilt journal to finish this month. Do any of you maintain a quilting journal? Only one 2.5 finish but fingers crossed that I will finish 4 or five that are in some stage of completion. Let's see where I am at the end of August. Tee-Hee-Hee
Old 08-02-2023, 03:13 PM

Update time! Thank you for the candy-anticipation:
  1. RebaQuilts
  2. Patrick’s Mom
  3. Janice McC
  4. JENNR8R
  5. Bjsmith57
  6. Grannyrosie
  7. Gaijin
  8. Sewbizgirl
  9. TravelingGramma
  10. Logcabin82
  11. AHWU
  12. WMUTeach
  13. Crispy frog
  14. BarbaraKibler23
  15. IBEX94

I don’t really have a journal per se, but I do have several scrapbooks with my quilts documented up to a certain point. Then I have quite a few loose photos waiting (probably indefinitely) to be scrapbooked. Then I have a couple of online collections of quilt photos, so at least there’s that!

I also have a UFO Chart with a list of all my various works in progress and boxes to check for where in the process they are. I like looking it over for inspiration….but I just haven’t been so inspired lately. Maybe opening all these envelopes will give me some motivation, combined with all the lovely pattern suggestions scattered throughout this thread!

Old 08-03-2023, 05:42 AM

Happy to see that 2/3 bday candies made it to their destination. Travelinggramma's was marked as needing more postage but it should have been returned to me not forwarded on to her. She wasn't asked to pay anything. I repackaged Quossum's candies and I am happy to see they got there in time. Now to figure out where LAFs may be...

If I can, my goal in August is to bind a baby quilt that lacks its binding. I made it and quilted it (quilt as you go strips in flannel) YEARS ago for a baby we thought my eldest was having. Baby didn't happen and I didn't finish it. Perhaps this month the binding can be sewn on if I can find a couple chunks of time.

Last edited by ibex94; 08-03-2023 at 05:44 AM.
Old 08-03-2023, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Happy to see that 2/3 bday candies made it to their destination. Travelinggramma's was marked as needing more postage but it should have been returned to me not forwarded on to her. She wasn't asked to pay anything. I repackaged Quossum's candies and I am happy to see they got there in time. Now to figure out where LAFs may be...

I will run to the post office today or tomorrow, and I am sure it will be there. I do not check my mail daily, so please do not fret!
Old 08-03-2023, 07:56 AM

I keep finding lovely ideas for scrap quilts - if only finishing my quilt in progress was as easy and quick as doing a quick surf online! The book is still available on Amazon and this blog post makes it pretty clear that many of the quilts would represent a great way to use up some of your candies.

https://www.diaryofaquilter.com/scrap-quilt-ideas/
Old 08-03-2023, 05:16 PM

I recently had the opportunity to revisit some of my great grandparent's quilts. I thought I would share them with you. Only one has a date on the back, 1962 (double wedding ring quilt). My great grandmothers would join quilting bees at the church to finish up quilts. My grandmother's mother loved piecing. These are hers. The quilting is pretty regular so I am pretty sure she did each of these without the rest of the church gang. My grandfather's mother wasn't particularly excited about quilting but did it because it was a church thing. The tulip quilt was also a pattern used to make my babyquilt. I still have it and it is in great shape. I think my mother hid it in the closet so it wouldn't get destroyed by toddler me.
Attached Thumbnails doubleweddingring.jpg   redandyellow.jpg   tulips.jpg  
Old 08-03-2023, 05:33 PM

What treasures ibex94!
Old 08-03-2023, 08:53 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for sharing your family treasures, Ibex! How cool that they have lasted so well and are in such great shape. You should write down their histories and keep them with the quilts, for future generations to know.
Old 08-04-2023, 05:40 AM

love the antique quilts!
Old 08-04-2023, 01:30 PM

Birthday Update.
Almost there!

JaniceMcC

BJSmith57
PatricksMom
Jennr8r
RebaQuilts
LogCabin82
Quossum