Boom 21 - Waves

Old 08-28-2018, 05:32 PM

Janice, so sorry to hear about your friend's son. I hate drugs. They not only kill individuals, they maim and scar entire families for life. It seems that addiction is one almost impossible to break. So sad.
I'm glad to hear that your other friend has such a positive attitude about her diagnosis. Love her and enjoy your time with her. Make some memories now that will stay with you forever. You've had a double whammy today. ((((((Hugs)))))) my friend.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:38 PM

Sewbiz, what an exciting day you've had! Congrats on meeting your grands for the first time today. Let the spoiling begin! After all, grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your own children throughout the teen years. There is nothing on earth sweeter than those little arms around your neck. You get to spoil the heck out of them and then get to send them home with their parents when you (and they)get tired and cranky later on. LOL
Old 08-28-2018, 06:21 PM

I am so sorry for the horrible news Janice. Addiction is so pandemic now I don't think there is any family untouched.

I have some good news I will share. I don't think I posted about this when it happened. About 3 or 4 weeks ago we got a chest pain call at work. He was just a minute or two from our station, when we got on scene it was immediately evident his chest pain was cardiac, one look at him, I didn't even need my heart monitor to see he was in serious trouble. It was less then 3 minutes from the time we pulled up until he was in the back of our ambulance. As soon as we got him loaded and the doors shut he coded (heart stopped). My partner started chest compression's immediately and I hooked him up to the defibrillator, one shock and a little more CPR and his heart started beating correctly again. His first words were "I'm sorry I think I passed out" We told him what really happened. The 12 lead showed he was having a massive heart attack what we call the "widow maker". We got him to the er, and they immediately got him to the cath lab. And guess who knocked on our station door 2 weeks later ........................................ Yep!!!!!!!!! Alive and well. He has quite a bit of recovery ahead of him, but alive and well playing w/ his grands and great grands. Needless to say my partner and I were on cloud 9 for quite a while, still makes me smile when I think about it.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:52 PM

What a great story Kass and what a nice thought to go to bed with.

I'll add my little positive news as well. Today was the first day of school with kids. If you all recall, I'm starting a new job this year as a director of a credit recover/graduation program for the district. We had a student come in today who had been completely out of school for a year. He needed one class, Algebra 2, (that he had previously failed three times) to graduate. He sat and worked with me for 8 hours, took his final exam and got an 88% and walked out with his diploma. Sure made my day.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:05 PM

Janice so sorry it’s been a terrible day in Georgia. My heart goes out to you. I don’t think I can even express my feelings. My granddaughter’s best friend is fighting every minute for another day of life. She is 21 and has terminal Cancer. Her 41 year old uncle also was addicted to drugs and he committed suicide yesterday. Such a waste. Will be praying for your friend and family

I hope you can make lots more great memories with your other friend. Memories you can treasure
Old 08-28-2018, 07:20 PM

Jayne and Kass wonderful good news for both of you. Very uplifting.

i also have positive news to share. My dgd Abby who has an IPA ( hope that’s right- for special needs kid’s) started high school yesterday. Her first time in a regular public school and this one has 1600 students and she didn’t know one. Abby came home so excited, she met several new friends and ate lunch with them, managed to get from classes on the first floor to the third floor then back down to first floor again without getting lost. Today was day 2 and she is still excited.

Sewbiz how exciting to meet the new grand babies. Do they know the sex of each yet? Bet you can’t wait to mee these little ones. I know your dd lives in Memphis, does your son live closer to you
Old 08-28-2018, 08:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Libster
grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your own children throughout the teen years.
LOL, Libster, they certainly must be!

Originally Posted by terriamn
Sewbiz how exciting to meet the new grand babies. Do they know the sex of each yet? Bet you can’t wait to mee these little ones. I know your dd lives in Memphis, does your son live closer to you
No, both couples live in Memphis... At least I can see both babies in one trip, when I go. Too early to know the sexes yet. They say by 19 weeks they can tell.

What great news today... A life being saved, a graduate made (!), and even Abby's positive experience, her first day in a new school. Despite the hardships, life is good!
Old 08-29-2018, 05:33 AM

Thank you for the happy stories. It helps a great deal to be reminded that while life is sometimes very rough, good and happy things are still happening all around. Kassaundra, what an amazing event! That the gentleman thought to go to you all and thank you, what a blessing! I wonder if he knows how much that meant to you. You must have felt on top of the world as i'm sure a lot of the time you don't thanks and/or the outcome isn't so positive. Congrats! Sbg, great news on the grands. JayneW, how wonderful for the young man. He's passed Algebra2 (algebra...grrrr) and he's got his diploma. What a fine job you have, to be in a strong position to make a positive change in a young person's life. <3.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:42 AM

Wow, great news Kassaundra, that is so uplifting. Thank you for knowing your stuff. It has to be a tough job.
My heart goes out to your friends Janice. That is such a tough situation. May God give you the words of comforting for them.
So exciting to see ultrasounds and with the new technology, being able to see them live inside growing. Sucking the thumb already, how cool is that!
Here is a fun project daughter needed done last night. She sewed 95% of it. She had to rip the waistband out and I sewed it for her. Not one of those easy things when there is a large curve involved. Nope, did not get any blocks sewn, but she got a skirt. Plus I had to do tomatoes last night also.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]600225[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img953095001.jpg  
Old 08-29-2018, 01:39 PM

Seems as though life is filled everyday with recovery, life saving, happy and sad moments. When one ends another begins...guess that's what life is all about.
For me I want to thank you all for your prayers and positive thoughts. They seem to be working. After the exam no tumor is present! Check up in 2 weeks and if it is still gone then a scope or scan a month later. If that goes well, Florida here I come!!! Now just to heal again from radiation burns, ugh! All in all, good news for me after 5 long months. Need to work on getting some strength back.