Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-29-2011, 02:08 PM

Mu quilt shop rents a Go! for $5 an hour. I have the Drunkard's path template and can cut a queen size in 30 minutes. If you like the "large" size (7inches) pm me about cutting it for you. Or, try your local quilt shop.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:21 PM

Hi, I've not kept up as I've been ill this week. It turned out to be a tougher month than I anticipated. Still I've lost 3# so far and am keeping at my one lb a week. While I don't think that will get me a win, I am grateful I haven't gained any of the weight I've lost this last year. But a trip to the ER and now cluster headaches off the charts are keeping me from my beloved sewing machine. Oh well, I get to indulge in more of the board when I can't sew. Hope all is going well for others in this challenge.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:37 PM

So sorry to hear about the cluster headaches! Have had them & dread it every time.Hope you can find some help with the new meds for migranes.Stay well.

Originally Posted by jlwheart
Hi, I've not kept up as I've been ill this week. It turned out to be a tougher month than I anticipated. Still I've lost 3# so far and am keeping at my one lb a week. While I don't think that will get me a win, I am grateful I haven't gained any of the weight I've lost this last year. But a trip to the ER and now cluster headaches off the charts are keeping me from my beloved sewing machine. Oh well, I get to indulge in more of the board when I can't sew. Hope all is going well for others in this challenge.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:24 PM

jlwheart, I've never had a cluster headache, but they sound terrible. Hope you can get some relief very son.

Beachbound and Pam, that's quite a taboo this week. Earlier today, I couldn't remember what is this week's Taboo Tuesday. I remembered tonight as I was ripping open a bag of caramel Tootsie Pops in the grocery store parking lot. Grrr. I wouldn't have bought those if I were buying just for the trick or treaters. No caramel pops, no Reese's cups. What are doing to me? Keeping that pound off? I guess I owe you a thank you.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:03 PM

DON'T FORGET THAT MONDAY IS WEIGH-IN!!!

Please PM me your weight loss for the month with the subject line reading,
"I lost 41 pounds this month!"
In your message confirm that you have posted once a week on our thread.

Our new thread for next month is:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-164293-1.htm#4592782
Old 10-29-2011, 09:09 PM

I am hoping that I am down this month, I am never sure.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:15 AM

i didn't know they made caramel tootsie pops! are they better than the raspberry ones? i need to know for next week . lol
Old 10-30-2011, 09:57 AM
mim

DH and I have a weigh in every Sunday morning -- he lost another pound -- Unfortunately I have been on a stagnant level since early August :cry:

So I'll be signing up for Nov. And try to portion control better. I eat healthy, but love to eat -- so portion control will be the key words for me

Mim -- now in rainy WA state. I brought 3 days of sun with me when I came tho :-D
Old 10-30-2011, 10:17 AM

I hope everyone is having a good month. I am praying for all with health problems.I am on weight watchers and was down another 1.6 pounds this wek. I have been exercising and it is paying off. My weight loss had been slowing down a lot. I am on my elliptical 4 or 5 days a week at 5:45AM. I went shopping yesterday since my pants are all falling down :). I tried on a ton of pants and bought jeans and gray and navy. So annoyed the gray and navy are the same brand and style and size just different colors. The gray are too small GRRRRRRR! Good luck everyone avoiding the Halloween candy.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:29 AM

Irishrose, you are doing soooo good!!! I am so proud of you. If it makes you feel any better I was good this week too! YAY! I finally earned that gold start. Why don't you PM me some ideas for the next taboo? :)

Originally Posted by irishrose
jlwheart, I've never had a cluster headache, but they sound terrible. Hope you can get some relief very son.

Beachbound and Pam, that's quite a taboo this week. Earlier today, I couldn't remember what is this week's Taboo Tuesday. I remembered tonight as I was ripping open a bag of caramel Tootsie Pops in the grocery store parking lot. Grrr. I wouldn't have bought those if I were buying just for the trick or treaters. No caramel pops, no Reese's cups. What are doing to me? Keeping that pound off? I guess I owe you a thank you.
:thumbup: :thumbup: