Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 07-06-2018, 05:41 PM

Amazing dragon fly. Having trouble dissecting it.

Thank you Libster. Beautiful Block inside a Star.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:05 PM

Kass, your dragonfly is breath taking! So beautiful!
Funny that you should associate Santa with klaws. When I was working a temporary job, the supervisor gave me a password for the system they worked with. Guess what it was..."Santa"! I used that as a password for many years. That was long ago.
My son and grandson signed up for a race tomorrow morning. It's called The Great Inflatable Race where all the obstacles are inflatables. I'm going to watch and take pictures. It should be fun.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:25 PM

Kassaundra, the rest of that story is that when my sister and I were playing noisily outside when she was around, my grandmother would tell us the darning needles would sew our mouths closed. Scared the &%*# out of us. Yeah, she was a really mean person but my other grandmother would tell her off! Lol.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Janice you are right most people call them dragon flies, but I grew up calling them devil's darning needles
Old 07-06-2018, 06:34 PM

Oh how mean.
Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Kassaundra, the rest of that story is that when my sister and I were playing noisily outside when she was around, my grandmother would tell us the darning needles would sew our mouths closed. Scared the &%*# out of us. Yeah, she was a really mean person but my other grandmother would tell her off! Lol.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:55 PM

Libster, wow, four in one day. I also got the striped floral. I like your other three and saw that you used both the MS colors of green and orange.

I saw the Claus and Klaws but didn't want to say anything because someone might not think it was punny...funny.

Janice, I had never heard of that, darning needles sewing mouths shut. I am glad the other grandma spoke out.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:34 AM

Moonrise, four blocks in a single day, and all so pretty. Great job sbg and Joanelizbay.

Darcy, I had grandmothers at opposite extremes of the "nice" spectrum. Thank goodness for the good G'mother who was able to undo some of the other's damage. She's been gone 48 years and I still think of her every few days. Everyone should be so lucky to have a g'mother like her. <3
Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
Libster, wow, four in one day. I also got the striped floral. I like your other three and saw that you used both the MS colors of green and orange.

I saw the Claus and Klaws but didn't want to say anything because someone might not think it was punny...funny.

Janice, I had never heard of that, darning needles sewing mouths shut. I am glad the other grandma spoke out.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

So... grandmothers. I only knew one of mine, my mother's Russian mother. She was so mean and self centered. She could be very nice and gracious to her many friends, but was so critical and ugly to her family... all the time! As kids, we dreaded the two weeks every year that she came and stayed with us for a visit. I try to be understanding of the very hard life she had... Leaving Russia at a young age with a baby, her husband dying of TB, and then her next marriage ending in divorce. Time spent with my mother in a Japanese concentration camp in Shanghai during WWII made her very bitter and warped my mom, and then she had to be a single mother to finish raising my mom. Her later in life (3rd!) husband died the week after he retired, falling off a ladder. So she's had it rough... but still, no reason to be hateful to those who love you. People like that in your life can really make you evaluate things and decide how you Dont want to be! I learned a lot of how I didn't want to be from her.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-16-2018 at 05:55 PM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 07-07-2018, 08:28 AM
Power Poster

Visitors in the yard this morning...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597353[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597354[/ATTACH]

I am spotted...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]597355[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_4014.jpg   img_4013.jpg   img_4012.jpg  
Old 07-07-2018, 08:43 AM

Beautiful friends Sewbiz, Your area looks so peaceful. It’s a shame you had a meany for a grandma, but knowing the back story does shed some light on her demeanor. Glad you were able to turn a tough situation into a learning experience.

Both my grandparents were a delight. Actually, I was my grandma’s favorite (and that isn’t right). She was very kind to all her grandkids, just gave me a bit more attention. One of my fondness memories is spending the night with her and she would cut a small cantaloupe in half, clean it out and put ice cream in the center. We ate all the ice cream and most of the ”cantaloupe bowl”.

Janice, I have never heard of Darning needles (dragon flys) and surely wouldn’t want them to sew up my lips.

Last edited by D.Henson; 07-07-2018 at 08:46 AM.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:57 AM

I finally have 2 blocks to post. First one is Blazing Arrows for Joanelizbay and the next one is Jonny Around the Corner for our sweet Jaba.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]597361[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]597362[/ATTACH] Jaba, Continued prayers for your treatments and recovery. <3
Attached Thumbnails 0e29c4e9-eab9-4345-a17e-17b23b0ebbbf.jpeg   f48ac60f-432c-4977-8111-dc8b5d56897e.jpeg