Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Banned

I wanted to wish everyone a Blessed Thanksgiving. Eat wisely, don't pig out and you will all be fine. It is just one day, Friday don't even look at the leftovers and go back to your diet. Well you can eat the turkey on Friday just not the pies and gravy and crap.

I am going to sleep. The pains aren't as bad. It did scare the bagibbers out of me when I had no feeling in my left hand but the feeling is back and the hand is fine.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Oy! Tru you are scarring me! It's not good when your arm or hand go numb, even if it did stop. I hope you have a very Blessed Thankgiving.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:44 AM

Hi all, I have been really bad about posting this month. Just so busy with things.
I do want to wish all the best Thanksgiving. I will be using a salad plate and no seconds tomorrow. I just hope I can stay strong.
Tru you take care of yourself and don't put off the doctor if your family wants you to go.
To all who have lost congrats and keep it up. I have only lost 1.5 lbs. so I will shop for flannel this next week. Hugs to all and have a blessed day.
Gail
Old 11-25-2010, 03:13 AM

Good morning everyone, have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Remember to eat healthy today, and be glad you aren't this guy. LOL
Attached Thumbnails attachment-133828.jpe  
Old 11-25-2010, 07:27 AM

I pray you will all have a little of what you love this thanksgiving but have the power to walk away before you over do it. May you be blessed on this day.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:11 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Bonnie I like you new avatar. Hope everyone has a wonderful day today and try not to worry about the food just enjoy it. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
Old 11-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Banned

I didn't do everything I wanted to but it will be a nice day anyway. No tablecloth, no sweet potatoes, no good china. I just can't do it. But it will still be a wonderful thankful day. Joyce is with us something that was touch and go last thanksgiving and Jim is home till Saturday. Jim got mad that I should have gone to the ER, OH WELL I survived, It must me something else and not my heat as I still have the pains. Not like the other day but still there.

I wish all of MY GIRLS a Happy Healthy Thanksgiving. Including my Canadian girl bronald.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:33 AM

Happy Turkey and mashed potatoes and dressing day!!! I hope every has a great day!

I just arrived in Nebraska for the day. Was not a bad drive just long. I will be back home tonight.

The turkey will not be ready until 1:30 so I will just have to be patient. LOL

I will be checking out a yoga class near my house and maybe even Curves to see about working out there instead of at home. Plus I am going to get back into channel walking next week. I think if I bump up my workouts then maybe I can get some more of this weight off.

Anyway...you guys have a great day and I will be here in Nebraska until after dinner.

I am so thankful for you all and for everything we do for one another.

Missy
Old 11-25-2010, 01:40 PM

Thanks Tru. Hope you have a wonderful day with your kids. As you know because of what you went through with your daughter life is so precious and can be gone in a blink. Look after yourself you may not always value you but others see you as the most precious thing in thier lives. Seek help when you need it. This is coming from someone who hates Drs. but knows others love her to much to play with ones health. Happy Thanksgiving Tru. from your Canadian Girl
Old 11-25-2010, 05:26 PM

I had a wonderful day. 20 people, two turkeys, 6 pies, stuffing, cranberries, corn casserole, pea salad, plus, plus, plus. I used my china, silver, table clothes and napkins. I even ironed my napkins, wow!

I didn't worry about what I ate, I ate a lot, but I didn't over do it. No chips and dip, took it easy on the mash potatoes and gravy and the desserts. I did have a root beer float, and pie with whipp cream. But all was in moderation. I definitely didn't lose weight today, but it wasn't a diet busting day. I totaled my calories and I had about 2472 for the entire day. I read somewhere the average Thanksgiving meal is about 5,000.

Tomorrow back to exercising.

Bless all of you, you help me out a lot.