Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-23-2011, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by ginnie6
on the bench here too but that's ok. I was hoping for a package today...after two VERY frustrating days of car shopping......and I'm still vehicle-less. But I got free plants today...recycled plants that just needed water and I'm sitting here with pecan clusters. This will be my last swap for awhile......life has been one catastrophe after another for 2 months now and I can't keep up with everything.
I have to agree. After three swaps where my Secret Pals don't even seem to get on this thread, let alone let me know if they received my package, I'm going to give it up. It is so sad to hear of so many 'sitting on the bench' and deserving of a squishy, receiving and so many who don't even talk on this thread.

Who Knows???????????????????????????????
Old 04-23-2011, 07:58 PM

I sent my secret pal package on Thursday, April 23...I'm on the West Coast and my package was headed way out east to a state that I have never been to, New York. Hope you don't have to sit on the bench too long for your package. Forgive me for not remembering little Ginger Rose before I sent the package. Happy Easter to you.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Roseysue
on the bench here too but that's ok. I was hoping for a package today...after two VERY frustrating days of car shopping......and I'm still vehicle-less. But I got free plants today...recycled plants that just needed water and I'm sitting here with pecan clusters. This will be my last swap for awhile......life has been one catastrophe after another for 2 months now and I can't keep up with everything.
I have to agree. After three swaps where my Secret Pals don't even seem to get on this thread, let alone let me know if they received my package, I'm going to give it up. It is so sad to hear of so many 'sitting on the bench' and deserving of a squishy, receiving and so many who don't even talk on this thread.

The person that is my secret pal comes on often. So often that I seem to "search her down" to see if she received her package. I want to open my big mouth SO BAD and tell her who it is...but I've finally just had to sew my lips shut. Now I am not too sure what I will do with my fingers when they are so close to the keyboard. I've always been told that I can't keep a secret...boy they should see me now!!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter Carol
I sent my secret pal package on Thursday, April 23...I'm on the West Coast and my package was headed way out east to a state that I have never been to, New York. Hope you don't have to sit on the bench too long for your package. Forgive me for not remembering little Ginger Rose before I sent the package. Happy Easter to you.

Ooops, the package acutally went out on April 21st.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
I sent my package yesterday, so my SP will have to wait a few more days. I hope she thinks it was worth it! Hint: It's headed EAST.
I'm east! I guess almost everyone is east from you, though. Maybe it's me!
Old 04-24-2011, 03:53 AM

I received my package this week, thank you SP.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Roseysue

This just isn't right!! Now that we are going to be starting all over with a brand new "swap director" maybe there should be some new rules? It is just so sad that some people sign up and then are never heard from again... never say thanks and/or don't send out their package. I don't know what the answer is, but maybe it should be a requirement that you participate in this thread... or that the swap is broken down into different levels, based on the number of posts you've placed in this thread... that way the most active people would be swapping with other active people.... and you work your up way up through different levels based on post # IN THIS THREAD. Just a thought... I don't know what the answer is, but it makes me really sad to see this happening to such nice people and I know I would feel very badly if it happened to me.

Happy Easter to my quilting board friends and family!!
Old 04-24-2011, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by jguidry
I received my package this week, thank you SP.
Welcome jguidry! This must be your first swap! Tell us more!! : )
Isn't it fun?? Are you addicted now?!!
Old 04-24-2011, 06:27 AM

well you know you never know what is going on in someone's life. last month I posted a pic of my package and was in a hurry.....I thought I said thank you but when i went back and checked I hadn't. And I'm one that doesn't check this thread often....its all I can do to keep up with the board. I sent a pm apologizing and a card thru the mail but.....it was an honest mistake and I didn't mean to hurt my sp's feelings but I did. That's why I won't be doing anymore swaps. Between running kids back and forth to doctors and emergency rooms and now the 10,000 in bills we've got from those visits (and that's our part AFTER insurance), the van being wrecked and having to be replaced, I just can't take on one more thing. I honestly was so upset over this I almost asked Suzanne if she could take me this months.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:59 AM

Yes, this was my first swap and yes it was fun. I've been sewing since I graduated high school. I've been quilting more than 10 years. I love to do machine embroidery, as well as punchneedle, counted cross-stitch. Also, I'm trying my hand at making a toothbrush rug.