Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-25-2011, 09:09 PM

Thank you for having a more positive atmoshere here, I was getting depressed and ready to quit. I have gaines a few lbs. instead of losing but still working on it, and am planning on sending one fat quarter at the end of the month. Maybe another time.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:53 PM

jollyquilter, we all have months like that for various reasons. Please hang in here with us and the weight will stabilize then slowly disappear when you find out what works for you. My weight loss is very S-L-O-W, which is disheartening when I used to be able to drop five pounds in a day. But staying the same or losing a little is better than gaining. One fat quarter a month is a small price to pay for belonging to a group who cares.

I AM getting healthier and losing weight - not I will - I want it now, not in the future.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:46 AM

MJ, Thanks for keeping us going. IrishRose, so glad you made it through the MRI okay. I didnt even think to warn you about the noise. Glad Tru thought too. When I had mine, they offered me ear plug, or ear phones to where I could listen to any type music I perferred. Glad you had the MRI so the Drs can figure out what is going on with you.

We all know from dieting, or trying to eat healthier through the years, that holidays are so hard to get through. At holidays, we are faced with some foods we love that are only cooked on holidays or special occasions. In my mind, if I tell myself I CANNOT have something, I want twice as much. So, I allow myself to indulge in a little of it. I just work harder after the holiday to get off the extra I ate. Works for me. Since it was just Chris and myself for Easter this year, I didnt have to worry abut turning away food or facing foods I knew I didnt need. Since I'm laid up from surgery and can't go shopping, this is the 1st year ever that I have not bought Easter candy. I wasnt able to go home for Easter, so I didnt have to buy any for the grands. I sure didnt ask Hubby to buy any for myself, so no problem this year. We all have to find what works for us, but if we restrict ourselves too bad, I think we make it harder on ourselves to stick with a program. Every now and then, we have to splurge a little, then just get up, dust off our britches and get back on program. I hope you all have a good day for making healthy choices. Sandy
Old 04-26-2011, 05:50 AM

MJ, I was just looking at your ticker. You are 1/3 the way to goal. wooo hooo. You go girl! Keep up the good work~
Old 04-26-2011, 06:02 AM

I got on the scale, I didn't lose but I am thankful that I haven't gained anything.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:03 AM

Have a healthy happy day everyone... I was told not to think of it as "losing" weight but rather "gaining" back beauty ;-)
Old 04-26-2011, 06:14 AM

CarlJ, Hooray for you..... Doesnt it feel great when you are halfway expecting a gain, and you don't see one? wooo hooo for you. Way go to. Sandy
Old 04-26-2011, 06:42 AM

MJ thanks for keeping us going on here!

Easter was tough but what I have been trying to do all along when I get in situations like that is have very small portions of everything I want. Last month it worked very well. This month everything really slowed down but I have started losing again so I do think it works. I get what I want I just don't need huge amounts of it! lol And it doesn't come home with me. If I tried keeping it in the house that would be a disaster! I think Dolly Parton said she lost weight this way a long time ago. Ha Ha sure took me long enough to try it! To keep my self motivated I keep telling myself "If I eat like a lady I will look like a lady" not to imply that you have to be skinny to be a lady, it just helps me stay on track. :)

CAROLJ i know you have lost alot of weight recently. Do you mind me asking about how much you averaged a week or month? I got it in my head that if I could lose about 10 pounds a month or 2.5 a week I could stay motivated. Is this do-able? I knew my weight loss would slow down but I can't seem to get it up to the speed I had hoped for.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:11 AM

Thanks for the comment that I'm 1/3 of the way there...that is a huge boost!

DH eats lots of candy and cookies, etc. What works for me is putting all the junk food behind a closed cabinet door. If I don't see it, I don't crave it. Also, I found some really good sugar free ice cream that I keep in the freezer for "indulging".

My biggest hurdle is the exercise. I bought the Pilates bands but haven't even taken them out of the package. I just HATE exercise. No other way about it.

What do ya'll think about having Partners on this thread? I was thinking that if we assigned a partner for the month for each person that signed up, we could especially encourage that one person for the month. We could send PM's, drop notes, and boost each other. I always do better if I have a friend, and this would encourage each person in the group to be more active. The more we are reminded of our goals, the more likely we are to accomplish them.

Here's the rest of my idea. Instead of sending a FQ to the best loser, let's exchange FQ with partner each month. Everybody "wins" and has something invested in the group.

What I've noticed is that this month we have 70+ people signed up, but only 20 ish are commenting. At the end of the month, I wonder how many of those are really sending the FQ's? I know the month that CarolJ generously donated hers to me, I received less than 20.

Let me know what you think of this brainstorm?
Old 04-26-2011, 02:28 PM

I dont want to sound like a spoil sport, but if we do the "partner" thing, I think that would take away from the overall encouragement and support we give each other as a whole. Then if everybody gets to sending PMs to just their partner, before you know it, the wt loss thread would have hardly any posts on it. Just my thinking, but it's not my decision.

I hope you all have a good evening and eat healthy. Sandy