What's your claim to fame?

Old 07-03-2011, 12:55 PM

My son, who works at The Shack here in Honolulu, got to know all the captains of "Deadliest Catch" while they were here 2 weeks ago filming "After The Catch" for their season-ender. I got to meet and spend several hours with Scatman Crothers when he was in Boise filming Bronco Billy with Clint Eastwood. Met Clint Eastwood while skiing in Sun Valley, Idaho. I got to play an authentic Stradivarius violin owned by a visiting professional violinist while I was in high school.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:11 PM

I was on Romper Room. Many many years ago.

My husband and I met with Gerald McRainey a few years back at a political rally. What a nice man he is. It was kind of weird, my husband and him had on the same outfit. LOL.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:20 PM

WOW! A Stradivarius? My best friend in high school was a violinist. We went to DC with Close Up, and we HAD to see the Stradivarius. Unfortunately, our timing was wrong, so she wasn't able to hear it being played. She would be so jealous....
Old 07-03-2011, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by dd
So, what is your claim to fame?
Used to work for Leon Jaworski (watergate prosecutor) in Houston. Knew both of the Bushes and the B. Knew Tom Clark (former U.S. Supreme Court Justice) and Ramsay Clark (former U.S. Atty Gen.) Knew Jack Ruby (assasinated Oswald).

I also used to work wardrobe for movies. I fitted Penelope Ann Miller, Ally Sheedy, Alfre Woodard, Julianne Moore, Virginia Madsen, Phoebe Cates, Winona Ryder, Dennis Quaid, Alec Baldwyn and some lesser knowns.

Worked around and met Tom Cruise, Gene Hackman, Holly Hunter, Andy Romano, William Forsythe, Cathy Moriarty, Treat Williams, Eric Thal, David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel
Old 07-03-2011, 01:32 PM

Clint Eastwood, Cecily Tysen, Elizabeth Kubler-Ross, and Mary Kay Ash, founder of Mary Kay cosmetics. They were all at a dinner event in LA in the early 70's honoring students who excelled. The company that my husband worked sponsered the event. Got Clint's autograph. But the most interesting thing was the juxtapostion of Mary Kay in all her glamor, big hair, makeup and jewels sitting next to Elizabeth KR in her cotton dress and berkenstock shoes, not a lick of makeup, no jewlery and unkept hair.

Mary Kay Ash
[ATTACH=CONFIG]220424[/ATTACH]

Elizabeth Kubler Ross
[ATTACH=CONFIG]220425[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-220418.jpe   attachment-220419.jpe  
Old 07-03-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by bettysew
I'm a child of the King!!
Me too!
Old 07-03-2011, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by dd
So, what is your claim to fame?
This is a fun topic. However, my claim to fame, other than being raised by great parents, marrying a super man, raising three fantastic kids, and blessed with five Grands, is that....are you ready for this? Hold on to your drawers,

I stayed in a Holiday Inn last night!
Old 07-03-2011, 01:43 PM

I was on American BandStand in Philadelphia, with Dick Clark
in the fifties. Am I old or what!
Old 07-03-2011, 01:55 PM

I once waited on Cindy Crawford's family when she had first been signed to her modeling contract. I attended high school with David Hasselhoff's younger sister, Jean and knew his dad - actually went out in their boat a few times. Can't stand the Hoff now, but sure liked him when he was Snapper on the Young and the Restless.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:03 PM

20 yrs ago I went to a Lee Greenwood concert at Sea world in Fl. and I talked him into throwing me the towel he had around his neck that he had been wipeing his forehead with.....I got his wife to autograph it...she was sitting behind us and i didn t know it until I got his towel....It was not easy to get it.....I had to do a lot of screaming and begging !!!!