Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How Many of You Wear Aprons?  (I do!) >

How Many of You Wear Aprons? (I do!)

How Many of You Wear Aprons? (I do!)

Old 07-05-2011, 04:58 AM

Believe it or not, I collect aprons... really like those from the 1950's, 1960's.
I especially like aprons that are either crocheted or have any hand embroidery on them. Just love needlework of all kinds!
Old 07-05-2011, 05:01 AM
Power Poster

I don't know is 47 old? Also my kids wear them from 5 to 24 years old. I just gave my 14 year old fabric and an apron pattern for her to make. she was thrilled and exclaimed it was the best gift. I'll host you if you make me an apron. :lol: I host people all the time and have never recieved an apron but would love a gift like that. LOL I did make one for a friend and even bought fabric and a pattern that she picked but I never saw her use it. :cry:
Old 07-05-2011, 05:11 AM

I personally think that aprons are making a comeback. My daughter who is in her early thirties has just made a couple of aprons for a customer and her young daughter. I am thinking of making aprons for Christmas gifts for all my girls. And I also want t o start wearing aprons. For me, it reminds me of women in tv shows of the 60's and it seems feminine and homey. I've seen some venders at some of the craft shows that we attend wearing aprons. I think that women are starting to wear them again.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:14 AM

I can't cook without an apron; however, I don't know anyone else who uses one.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:46 AM

I love aprons and have a really nice collection of them. This is one I made for my niece's bridal shower last month. It's from the "Lucy, I'm Home" collection by Simplicity.

Lindsey's apron front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221175[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-221169.jpe   attachment-221170.jpe  
Old 07-05-2011, 05:58 AM

I also wear an apron the minute I enter the kitchen. I have 3 hanging on a hook by my pantry door. I even took my apron on vacation since I knew I was going to be doing some cooking (we stayed at an extended stay hotel). Love wearing them, and sewing them.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:04 AM
Swap Hosts

I love aprons! I make them to wear. I make them as gifts - and as is often the case with my quilts, they usually end up hanging on the wall as art! They are great for grilling, for wearing as a hostess, for gardening -- they are so feminine. I just love them! Younger people who receive them are particularly fascinated. The men, too!

I'm attaching some photos of a patriotic apron I made for my young neighbors - and the recipients wearing them - the man's apron features a "Roadkill Grill" motif! Also a Valentine's Day apron I made for my son's girl friend.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-221180.jpe   attachment-221181.jpe   attachment-221182.jpe  
Old 07-05-2011, 06:28 AM

I do because I'm a messy cook, wish there was some kind of 'apron' I could put over my stove to keep it clean.

Right now I have 2 everyday aprons and one holiday one. Always keep one on the hook with my kitchen broom. Just butcher style with long ties so I can pull them in front and tie them, I never seem to tie them tight enough if I tie them in the back. I found that decorator weight fabric works the best but am thinking of some bold ones like someone posted that they made for a charity auction - they really are great.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:29 AM

My husband wears one when he BBQ's . I still have the 2 my mother gave me when I first got married, 35 yrs ago. They are like a shirt without sleeves, snaps down the front and 2 pockets. I love them as I think they cover much more than a traditional apron. I've even worn them when quilting. The pockets come in handy. I made this type for my DD when she was a toddler. It really kept her clothes clean.
A few yrs ago my son was home for a few days before Christmas and asked if I would help him make a couple of aprons for gifts for his roommates. He also made one for himself in the process. I got to keep the pattern when he left.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:33 AM

I wear them. Not frilly just chef type. You know great cooks are terriblely messy.