Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Need help cleaning crock pot >

Need help cleaning crock pot

Need help cleaning crock pot

Old 07-23-2011, 07:31 AM

Try strong baking soda solution and let it soak, soak, soak.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:31 AM

If you just put vinigar in it over night tommorrow it will peal right off.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:59 AM

sprinkle bottom of pot with baking soda then spritz with with white vinegar. Let it sit then you should be able to scrap some of the burnt stuff off. Sounds like you'll need to do this several times but it does work. Good luck.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Vicki W
I might put water with baking soda in the crock pot and turn it on over night. This should soften the cooked on material.
Agree; scrape off surface and re-try until you can get it all off.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by mochasue
I recently cooked a pork roast in my crock pot using BBQ sauce. Well, I must have let it cook too long because the bbq sauce is now part of the bottom of the crock pot. I don't know how to get it to come clean. I have soaked it for days, I have chipped at it with a butter knife, I have boiled it, nothing is removing it. Do any of you have a suggesting for removing the baked on bbq sauce?
There are a couple of products you could use ,1 Dawn power dissolver and 2 it is a oven cleaner you can use it comes in a blue can can't recall teh name of it .Now for the cheapest of all fill it with water and put a couple of drops of dish soap,let the crock heat up and let it go for prob a good 20 minutes you can try to use a spatula to remove the stuck on sauce or what ever it is .I always do this after I have cooked something in my saucepan that has a sauce just to make washing easier.Always best if you can do it immediately but it will work whenever you do it
Old 07-23-2011, 08:17 AM

If none of the cleaning solutions work you may have to buy a new crock pot. If that is the case be sure to use crock pot liners when you use it. I never use mine without the liners. Clean up is a breeze and crock pot stays nice. On occassion I do have to wipe it out but that's about all the cleaning I have to do.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:30 AM

try boing it with water and baking soda good luck
Old 07-23-2011, 08:42 AM

I clean all of my pots, pans and stoneware w/vinegar or even a wine that has went bad. It's like deglazing a pan to get the good juices up. You can heat it up and the put the vinegar in it to soak. I would recommend amonia; I take my barbque grill and oven racks; put in a large trash bag and put amonia in it; close if and let it set out in the sun; cleans it all up. I'm not sure if your crockpot would absorb the odor from it though; but if all else fails.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:43 AM

POUR BOILING WATER IN IT DROP IN A DRYER SHEET AND LET IT SIT OVER NIGHT. SHOULD HELP A LOT
Old 07-23-2011, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by mochasue
I recently cooked a pork roast in my crock pot using BBQ sauce. Well, I must have let it cook too long because the bbq sauce is now part of the bottom of the crock pot. I don't know how to get it to come clean. I have soaked it for days, I have chipped at it with a butter knife, I have boiled it, nothing is removing it. Do any of you have a suggesting for removing the baked on bbq sauce?
Go to your local Lowe's, Ace Hardware or Home Depot and buy one of the sanding blocks (basically a sponge with sanding grit on four sides). Get the one with the "heavy grit" label. This will break up the baked on stuff in the crock pot.

I had an oven that hadn't been cleaned in eight (or more) years. I tried SOS, oven cleaner, etc., for several days. Then, in desperation, I picked up one of the sanding blocks I was using on something else and tried that. Some elbow grease and the sanding block made that oven look brand new and it didn't damage the porcelain finish.