Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have... >

It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have...

It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have...

Old 08-01-2011, 11:09 AM

I was about 14 years old at the time of this incident. My friend and I went with my Dad one fall day to 2 different farms to collect the eggs. On the way home they asked where the eggs were. I said on the seat. Errr, it was the seat I was sitting in! My friend has a picture of a little boy with cracked eggs all around him, all I have to do is look at that picture and my face turns red!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by jpthequilter
Originally Posted by Peckish
Here's one that my in-laws like to tell...

When my husband, Wade, was a very small boy, maybe 4 years old, he was given a carpenter's set of tools for Christmas. This was back in 1970 or so, and the tools were real. Everyone was laughing and talking and visiting, until my MIL thought she heard a weird noise. She shushed everyone, but the noise had stopped, so they went back to their conversations. After a bit, the weird noise started again, and she shushed everyone again, but the noise stopped before they could figure out what it was. This happened a couple more times. Then, all at once, to EVERYONE'S surprise, the Christmas tree suddenly fell over! Sitting in the corner behind the tree with his carpenter's saw in hand was Wade. He had sawed the tree down.

What else would you expect a boy to do with his brand-new saw???
In the mid-fifties when my son was about four, somebody gave my son a playskool tool set. The saw was just a sort of punched out piece of sawtoothed iron. One day, I came into my living room and the neighbor's little boy who was also four, was sawing away on the wooden arm of my upholstered straight chair and had very nearly sawed through it.
The sight was so funny I just laughed and laughed!
I didn't have the heart to scold him.... It was a hand-me-down chair anyway.... I took that and the other arm off and re-upholstered it so it made a slipper chair for the bedroom, and I went to a Pennys store and bought another upholstered straight chair for $ 15!
Those were the days....indeed! LOL!!

Jeannie,

You handled it better than I would have. My son was always such a mischief maker. His freshman year in high school was a prime example. When you go to the school to pick up students each day they put out orange cones and make you drive around the out edge of one side of the parking lot and then direct out our of the parking lot the same way. My son moved the exit cones so that everyone ended up on the other side of the school instead of the exit.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by plainjane
On a cold, windy afternoon my lips were getting very chapped. Our last erand was the gro. store and I just couldn't handle the chapped lips any longer. We went next door to a small discount store (gro stores, at that time, did not carry a good selection cosmetics). Finally with my purchase, I just proceeded to just apply, and apply the gloss liberally, since now the chapped part was above the lip line. Then on gro shopping. I noticed the checker just couldn't make eye contact and thought it was odd. Oh, well, back to the car to reapply the lip gloss - but to my horror, I had chosen a lip gloss that WAS CLEAR, but changed to BRIGHT PINK when applied. I just looked awful-clown lips-like a small child who had gotten in her mother's makeup and just started applying and I was in public like that! I asked my husband WHY he hadn't told me....never got a good answer-I think he was so stunned, he couldn't say anything. I check all lip glosses I buy now-ones that don't change color!

I laughed so hard I almost had an accident while reading this.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Originally Posted by jpthequilter
Originally Posted by Peckish
Here's one that my in-laws like to tell...

When my husband, Wade, was a very small boy, maybe 4 years old, he was given a carpenter's set of tools for Christmas. This was back in 1970 or so, and the tools were real. Everyone was laughing and talking and visiting, until my MIL thought she heard a weird noise. She shushed everyone, but the noise had stopped, so they went back to their conversations. After a bit, the weird noise started again, and she shushed everyone again, but the noise stopped before they could figure out what it was. This happened a couple more times. Then, all at once, to EVERYONE'S surprise, the Christmas tree suddenly fell over! Sitting in the corner behind the tree with his carpenter's saw in hand was Wade. He had sawed the tree down.

What else would you expect a boy to do with his brand-new saw???
In the mid-fifties when my son was about four, somebody gave my son a playskool tool set. The saw was just a sort of punched out piece of sawtoothed iron. One day, I came into my living room and the neighbor's little boy who was also four, was sawing away on the wooden arm of my upholstered straight chair and had very nearly sawed through it.
The sight was so funny I just laughed and laughed!
I didn't have the heart to scold him.... It was a hand-me-down chair anyway.... I took that and the other arm off and re-upholstered it so it made a slipper chair for the bedroom, and I went to a Pennys store and bought another upholstered straight chair for $ 15!
Those were the days....indeed! LOL!!

Jeannie,

You handled it better than I would have. My son was always such a mischief maker. His freshman year in high school was a prime example. When you go to the school to pick up students each day they put out orange cones and make you drive around the out edge of one side of the parking lot and then direct out our of the parking lot the same way. My son moved the exit cones so that everyone ended up on the other side of the school instead of the exit.
That is the way it works....some kids are full of mischief - my brother was one of those... If it is laugh or cry, I would rather laugh! Jeannie
Old 08-01-2011, 03:41 PM

My youngest went to her first day of Kindergarten...I was a free woman!!! I took a LONG hot shower, put on fresh makeup, did my hair and wore my prettiest sun dress to go the the grocery store. As I walked through the aisles strangers were smiling at me. I thought... Geeze I must look better than I thought!. As I was putting my groceries in the trunk of my car, I looked down and saw that I was wearing 2 totally different shoes! A pink sandal and and a purple one!
Old 08-01-2011, 04:08 PM

Our youngest son was about 3 years old and talking very well. I took him grocery shopping with me. We got to the cereal isle and he was looking very seriously for Grape Nuts cereal. He couldn't find it and asked loudly like 3 year olds do, "Mom! Where is Dad's special cereal? You know, the one that keeps him regular??!!" The poor woman standing beside us almost wet her pants laughing!
Old 08-01-2011, 05:46 PM

Really loved these stories. Am having a very blue day missing my husband (this would have been our 18th wedding anniversary) and these have all helped to cheer me up. God bless you all!
Old 08-01-2011, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by JanieH
Really loved these stories. Am having a very blue day missing my husband (this would have been our 18th wedding anniversary) and these have all helped to cheer me up. God bless you all!
That's what I was hoping for...
to cheer people up when down or blue.
Hugs
Old 08-01-2011, 08:36 PM

When my son was about 7, we went shopping to several stores and I did a quick stop at a woman's clothing shop. There was a clearance rack of items that I quickly browsed, and pulled out a simple teal, very short nightgown, very slinky & silky (but not see-through). As I looked at the price tag, he gasped, "You're not getting THAT, are you???" I said I didn't know, was there a reason I shouldn't? He said in dismay, "That's not for moms! That's for women like Vanna White!" (At that time I guess we had Wheel of Fortune on with some frequency.) Well, even though I'm not sized anywhere close to Vanna, I marched that gown immediately to the checkout counter and told him that moms could indeed wear this! We laughed about this for years.

He got married this past weekend. At a bridal shower I gave his finance a very slinky nightgown, and told her the Vanna White story.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by JanieH
Oh sweetie I'm so sorry for your lose. I'm glad that our story's helped you get through the day. Big hugs.

Robyn