Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have... >

It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have...

It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have...

Old 08-02-2011, 04:54 AM

OMG That reminds me of the night my brother's dog called me! Caller ID said it was from my brother in Texas but all I could hear when I answered was this weird breathing. I was yelling into the phone "Greg, Greg, are you all right!" No reply but the breathing. Finally, I heard some snuffling and realized it was the dog, particulary when I gave the command 'sit' and got silence for a few moments. I called my sister to ask for Greg's cell # and let her listen to the house phone through my cell and she started giggling and pretty soon I am laughing, then my husband is doing his hysterical laugh and we couldn't stop!
The next day I called my brother and he didn't seem to get how funny it was.

Originally Posted by madamekelly
Several years ago when I lived alone, I went to visit my sister, 22 miles from home. As we were playing cards, her cell phone rang. She looked at it, and whispered "It's coming from your home phone!". She answered, and being the loyal sister she is, she yelled into the phone "I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, BUT YOU BETTER GET OUT OF MY SISTER'S HOUSE RIGHT NOW! I'M CALLING THE POLICE!" after several seconds she heard "meow?". I had left my cordless phone on the bed, buttons up, and my cat Bruno, had stepped on the redial button! We had to drop everything, and drive to my house to hang up the phone. (My sister was a long distance call from my house!) That call cost me almost $10! Needless to say, I never left the phone of the charger again! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Old 08-02-2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by RevPam
OMG That reminds me of the night my brother's dog called me! Caller ID said it was from my brother in Texas but all I could hear when I answered was this weird breathing. I was yelling into the phone "Greg, Greg, are you all right!" No reply but the breathing. Finally, I heard some snuffling and realized it was the dog, particulary when I gave the command 'sit' and got silence for a few moments. I called my sister to ask for Greg's cell # and let her listen to the house phone through my cell and she started giggling and pretty soon I am laughing, then my husband is doing his hysterical laugh and we couldn't stop!
The next day I called my brother and he didn't seem to get how funny it was.

Originally Posted by madamekelly
Several years ago when I lived alone, I went to visit my sister, 22 miles from home. As we were playing cards, her cell phone rang. She looked at it, and whispered "It's coming from your home phone!". She answered, and being the loyal sister she is, she yelled into the phone "I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, BUT YOU BETTER GET OUT OF MY SISTER'S HOUSE RIGHT NOW! I'M CALLING THE POLICE!" after several seconds she heard "meow?". I had left my cordless phone on the bed, buttons up, and my cat Bruno, had stepped on the redial button! We had to drop everything, and drive to my house to hang up the phone. (My sister was a long distance call from my house!) That call cost me almost $10! Needless to say, I never left the phone of the charger again! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
OMGOSH~~~I'm laughing just reading this...
Old 08-02-2011, 09:24 PM

one day our beautiful 3 yr old gd looks over at my dh and says to him... pa pa... you're just so full of beans.. omg we lost it.. just out of the blue she did that... tooo cute...

then one time when she turned 4 she was into sooo many things she was not suppose to be into.. I was getting after her and after her.. finally she looked at me and says mi mi.. what is my problem today that I can't stay out of your stuff? omg again... I lost it.. and I was done getting after her and we went for a walk...
Old 08-02-2011, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by nancy59
I picked up my granddaughter from school one day and she was talking about learning about "wants & needs" so I asked her for some examples. She says... I may want a juice but I need water, or I may want candy but I need a piece of fruit, I may want makeup but at your age you need makeup. Darn near wrote her out of my will on that one!
omg this one is tooooo awesome.... i can see mine saying this when they get older.... roflmao...
Old 08-05-2011, 02:45 AM

For many years my family owned a lakeside cabin. Our main residence was also near a lake so, needless to say, my siblings and I learned to swim rather well. One thing we enjoyed when we were children was lining up on the edge of the raft and diving into the water together. One day, at the cabin, my two brothers, their wives, and I were resting on our raft after swimming. With my SILs sitting on the far edge, my brothers and I lined up. We quickly realized that we weren't children anymore as the edge sank a few inches into the water. With a quick warning to my SILs of "hang on!" we dove off. We came to the surface to hear them cursing at us as they climbed back onto the raft. Seems the raft lobbed them into the air and into the water as we dove off. Of course, being siblings, we have the same warped sense of humor and burst out laughing which made them all the more angry, rightfully so. But it was still funny. :-)
Old 02-02-2013, 01:58 AM

I know this is an older thread but some of the stories are so funny.

When I was in school I was an early bloomer. I had a 36C chest when every one else was padding their training bras. Mom still had me in those thin little, no support things that looked pretty. Well, needless to say gjym class was horrible and I'd find ways to skip the class. Parents got called in and I finally confessed that it hurt to run around, all that bouncing...so Dad took me immediately to JC Penny to the adult bra section and annouced loudly, voice reverberating through the department "My baby girl needs a good bra so she don't bounce when she runs."

And years later every time we're at the store with a bra section, "C.C., You need any bras?" loudly, across the store. "No Dad, thanks. I'm 40 years old. I can buy my own now."
Old 02-02-2013, 06:31 AM

Things are always funnier when you are not supposed to laugh. One Sunday morning in church I had tears in my eyes and was shaking to keep from laughing out loud. Two little boys in the pew in front of us were talking when one said to the other, "See, my fart don't stink!"