Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have... >

It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have...

It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have...

Old 07-31-2011, 03:34 PM

Thanks everyone I really enjoyed your stories.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:15 PM

This past week while vacationing on the coast, I said to my DH, "If I go too far out in the water what would you do? His response...."I'd swim out and get you." I then replied, "Awe, you would?". He said "of course, you have the keys to the house in your pocket". I should have elbowed him but I laughed instead. The payback? He took me to the awesome Maine quilt show on Friday, it was fabulous and worth it.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:43 PM

During my high school years my mother and I were chatting and she said something that could have been taken a tiny bit off color...(back in the 50's we didn't hear much of that sort of stuff) and I said something back that might have implied that I had taken it the "wrong way", so she told me to "get your mind out of the gutter".

Out of nowhere came my response, "I'm trying, Mom, but the walls are so slippery I keep sliding back down!"

:shock: We both had a great laugh.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by nancy59
I picked up my granddaughter from school one day and she was talking about learning about "wants & needs" so I asked her for some examples. She says... I may want a juice but I need water, or I may want candy but I need a piece of fruit, I may want makeup but at your age you need makeup. Darn near wrote her out of my will on that one!
Oh my! That one hit my funny bone. LOL
Old 07-31-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Katts 14
Once I took my grandson to Jo-Anns I needed thread he was about 8 he asked me what color? I said I'm looking for invisible thread he looked at me like I was crazy!
:lol:
Old 07-31-2011, 06:04 PM

This isn't about me but I witnessed it. My best friend, Noreen, was getting married for the 4th time to Neal. Noreen was so nervous that her son had to practicaly drag her down the aisle. Then during the ceremony she says "I have to go PEE". This was just like her, funny. She is with the Lord now and I miss her deeply.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish
Here's one that my in-laws like to tell...

When my husband, Wade, was a very small boy, maybe 4 years old, he was given a carpenter's set of tools for Christmas. This was back in 1970 or so, and the tools were real. Everyone was laughing and talking and visiting, until my MIL thought she heard a weird noise. She shushed everyone, but the noise had stopped, so they went back to their conversations. After a bit, the weird noise started again, and she shushed everyone again, but the noise stopped before they could figure out what it was. This happened a couple more times. Then, all at once, to EVERYONE'S surprise, the Christmas tree suddenly fell over! Sitting in the corner behind the tree with his carpenter's saw in hand was Wade. He had sawed the tree down.

What else would you expect a boy to do with his brand-new saw???
In the mid-fifties when my son was about four, somebody gave my son a playskool tool set. The saw was just a sort of punched out piece of sawtoothed iron. One day, I came into my living room and the neighbor's little boy who was also four, was sawing away on the wooden arm of my upholstered straight chair and had very nearly sawed through it.
The sight was so funny I just laughed and laughed!
I didn't have the heart to scold him.... It was a hand-me-down chair anyway.... I took that and the other arm off and re-upholstered it so it made a slipper chair for the bedroom, and I went to a Pennys store and bought another upholstered straight chair for $ 15!
Those were the days....indeed! LOL!!
Old 07-31-2011, 06:11 PM

About 15 years ago and my african gray parrot was about two years old, I moved into an apartment with an electric stove. I had been used to a gas stove and cooking with electric burners was a challenge for me. I was constantly burning things and setting off the smoke alarm.

Pooperbird (the parrot) associated my cooking with the smoke alarm. For weeks, when I started cooking and until the meal was served, Poop would imitate the smoke alarm.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Power Poster

In the late 1970s we were remodeling our bathroom. DH bought a faucet and put it in the sink. What he forgot was that the faucet came with a little red plastic record with boring instructions how to put in the faucet. DS and his buddy were caught sitting in the bathroom with the vanity door open with his record player, that record and all kinds of tools. Two 5 year olds were playing the little red record over and over and over. DH found them and destroyed the record and told them they better not even think about using any kind of tools in any bathroom anyplace. "But Dad, we were just trying to help." Was the lame excuse. I have often wondered what they were really thinking about 'helping' since the sink was already in. What kind of disaster was about to happen? I'm sure glad he was never around when I was taking apart a sewing machine. OOPS actually one of his friends was around once - disaster.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:04 PM

I remeber making cookies for the first time for my DH. As I handed him the plate of slightly over cooked cookies, (oven temperature was off not right) He looked me in the eye and said, "Gee you treat me like a Greek God, you serve me burnt offerings!" mumble... mumble... mumble. :oops: