Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse?  Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥ >

♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

Old 08-04-2011, 11:03 PM

My hubby never complains and is an enabler also. He goes with me into the quilt shops and if I can't find the fabric I'm looking for he says "Have you looked in the Guthrie Store?" (My quilt stash)
Old 08-04-2011, 11:09 PM

Well, lots of fabric is in the trunk of my car and he definitely knows it. No hiding, we don't question our shopping, we know certain $$ amounts require discussion, don't sweat the small stuff. Only reason it is in the trunk is it wouldn't fit in the guest room/sewing room. Last Sat. the bed went to my DD's. It is becoming my sewing room. When I figure out how to make clothes closet a better storage space the trunk will be emptied.
Can't get anything else in or out of closet. I do have an inventory list & containers are labeled. Batting has it's own alpha system. Sounds organized, but it is not when you open the door stand back!!! One day I will get the courage to pull it all out and remove what doesn't belong in that closet like empty suitcases & clothing & tablecloths!
Old 08-04-2011, 11:45 PM

No need to my DH is an enabler. If he goes with me to get fabric and I am having a hard time deciding what to get he just tells me get it all. That is when I usually spend the most.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:54 PM

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I got caught washing some new sheets and stuff I got at an auction. Will all go to making blankets for someone. Except on really cute sheet that will be a new dress for me.

He told me all the laundry was done and wnated to know what I was washing?

I've got to get some stuff used up
Old 08-04-2011, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by MrsH2008
I don't have to hide mine....it sometimes just sits in the trunk til he is at work. I don't want the "Oh Lord, more fabric" eye roll with every piece I bring in. I bring it in and throw it in my quilting basket. He passes by it. Probably never pays any attention. Although, when I did buy a bunch a few months ago I threw it in the laundry hamper. He will never look there. His clothes are all over the floor.
Thank God for car trunks!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by miholmes
Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady
I just take my fabric purchases into my sewing room. My husband doesn't ever go in there. I'm not hiding anything...just not broadcasting my purchase. haha His motto for me is..."whatever makes you happy". I guess that's why we've been happily married for 35 years.
I'm not hiding anything...just not broadcasting my purchase.....LOVE IT!
I like that philosophy!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Conniequilts
I do both. When I buy on sale I show him all of it. When I don't buy it on sale it just ends up in the house. He doesn't care that I quilt and buy things, but sometimes the eyebrows go up, so those "eyebrow raisers" go in my work bag and then into"inventory.

He would never actually get around to really having a fit since he has bought a 57 Chevy and a corvette and I could NEVER buy that much fabric in one setting :twisted:
Those two cars are worth a BUNCH of shopping trips.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:22 AM

Nope. I'm lucky. I actually spend more when he's with me. My machines are in front room ( we have a living room too) and everything else is in spare room so cats aren't getting hair on all of it.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:39 AM

My husband is brilliant...( even though he was a tadge grumpy last night!)We have both always worked hard....I know that he loves his music and buys his vinyl records and he knows I love my fabric. He made me my amazing sewing room so I could enjoy it all and we are currently looking for storage for his records.........now ask me the same question about chocolate....and that's a whole different matter !
Old 08-05-2011, 03:17 AM

Nope. I've never had to hide anything I bought. It doesn't bother dh at all when I drag in those big stuffed-full sale bags. :lol: