Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm learning >

I'm learning

I'm learning

Old 08-18-2011, 07:10 PM

You made some beautiful quilts for them. Hopefully when their minds grow up they will thank you, but for now feel good that you did something that makes you happy.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:13 PM

You know that's just plain rude! I'm sorry that they do not realize what a treasure thy have been given. I absolutely love your ornaments. If you dont mind what is the name of the pattern/book they came from?
Old 08-18-2011, 07:23 PM

next time wal mart presents.They dont deserve anything handmade from you.I been there too that was twice and no more.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by roxie623
You know that's just plain rude! I'm sorry that they do not realize what a treasure thy have been given. I absolutely love your ornaments. If you dont mind what is the name of the pattern/book they came from?

It is the Pieced Dove Ornament pattern by Liz Schwartz & Stephen Seifert distributed by eQuiltPatterns.com
Old 08-18-2011, 07:47 PM

Hi, Lois, I have skimmed many of the replies here and I think many have been right on and some ahave missed the point. I feel that regardless of the gift, small or large, from a store or home made, the receiver should show some appreciation. We were taught at home that you show gratitude for a gift even if you don't like it! The important aspect is that the giver thought enough of you to take the time to choose, buy or make something and get it to you for a special day. I did this year after year for my niece and nephew without a single word back from them. I feel that they are showing no regard or respect for me or my efforts. So they got scratched right off my list. Instead I buy gifts and make quilts for those I know appreciate them.
However, I understand how bad you feel, especially after creating such beautiful things! I empathize and suggest you might consider quilting for a local shelter, hospital or QOV.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:13 PM

The quilts are gorgeous as are the ornaments. Obviously your SIL and her kids have no concept of manners. I sent gifts to my nephews last Christmas. Only one acknowleged his gift. He'll get a gift this Christmas. The other two...well, I'll just forget.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:30 PM

Those quilts and ornaments are beautiful. I can't imagine them not liking them and showing you how appreciative they were. But the blessing is in the giving, and you surely gave something very thoughtful. They ball is in their field now, you more than did your part.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by LoisN
Originally Posted by Sharonsews
love your ornaments! Mind if I ask where you found the pattern? My quilting friends always ask for new ideas and this is a winner in my book! Great job! Sorry about the lack of response from family.

It is the Pieced Dove Ornament pattern by Liz Schwartz & Stephen Seifert distributed by eQuiltPatterns.com
Thank you for sharing the pattern information about the ornaments. They are beautiful as are the quilts. I am so glad that you know now that they are appreciated!
Old 08-19-2011, 12:42 AM

Doesn't sound like they even deserve a store bought gift if they can't manage a thank you.
Robin Moody
Old 08-19-2011, 01:31 AM

I would love either one of your quilts! Don't feel bad, just consider it a lesson learned. Not everyone appreciates the time and money it takes to make a quilt. Be thankful you didn't raise the idiots who don't have enough common sense to write a thank you note.

I guess my age is showing, but it really bothers me when young folks don't have manners -- all children should learn the important of "thank you" notes ESPECIALLY when someone makes them something special.

Your quilts are wonderful and I know how to write a thank you note!