Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It's the cranky season here >

It's the cranky season here

It's the cranky season here

Old 08-20-2011, 08:12 AM

I know that we all have moments and many of them are legitimate, but it seems that 3 out of 4 threads here are complaining about something, ie price of clothes, the prices of fabric, Wal-mart isn't carrying fabric, etc.

I'm done with the negativity. Is there any interest in a Positivity thread for supporting a good spin on things? Example - Price of clothes is going up, but that's okay because now I can learn to make clothes that fit me (for a change).

::puts soapbox up & goes to make a cup of tea::
Old 08-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Power Poster

I've got my thimble on my finger and am hand quilting. Born to Hand Quilt is my inspiration:) When I get as good as she is I'll post photos.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:30 AM

Here is a happy post - my 2 GS are coming to visit tomorrow (ages 3 and 5) with their parents - they live in England and we haven't seen them in a year.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:31 AM

I am having a GREAT weekend!

-Finished a quilt that's been on the frame for-EVER because it was a memory quilt that kept breaking my thread! Plus, the emotional side of doing a memory quilt, you know? DONE! DONE! DONE!

-Found the postage stamp thread and while I can't say I love teeny tiny itty bitty pieces of fabric, I *DO* love what happens when they come together. I've got a continuing project for the year.

-Finished the Amy Butler "Love" quilt top. It's just for me, and I'm go proud that I sewed on it with the intent for it to be FOR me, and not "Well, I guess there's no one to give this to, so it might as well be mine" you know?

-Did a 3 mile run this morning outdoors, and it was just long enough, and just fast enough to give me a spring in my step.

-The grandparents are having some grandkid time this afternoon, which leaves me with an afternoon to be selfish, selfish, selfish!

Me, personally....I've clicked out of a few negative threads lately because the only good response I've had is "SO sorry you're so unhappy" or "It's not them, it's you." and that just wouldn't go over well, would it? :D

Spread the joy, because it grows. <3
Old 08-20-2011, 08:33 AM

I had 3 goals today and have accomplished 2 of them, along with some quality planning time with hubby. My third goal is a bit ambitious, but I just might make it anyway!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:40 AM

My DD found the cutest T-shirt. I love it. It says "Put your big girl panties on and Deal with it"
Old 08-20-2011, 08:44 AM

I'm happy it's Saturday and I don't have to go to work. The weather is wonderful - in the 70's. I got a lot of strips sewed this morning for 9 patches for a baby quilt. Also cleaned my Singer 15. Ironed and starched several pieces of fabric. And the day is only half over. Need to go out to the garden this afternoon. It's a lovely day!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
My DD found the cutest T-shirt. I love it. It says "Put your big girl panties on and Deal with it"
that is one of my favorite quotes.

I'm a big fan of "Life is Good" (can you tell?)
Old 08-20-2011, 08:47 AM

I just delivered a signature quilt to my DS & DDIL yesterday. It was signed at their wedding rehearsal dinner 5 years ago and 6 weeks later my DH and quilting cheerleader died. I couldn't touch it. Then a precious widower came into my life and encouraged me to quilt. His wife sewed and he loved to hear the machine go! He's now my husband and always sends me back into fabric stores because I didn't buy enough "pretty" fabrics! I am blessed & . . . and it's so good to get that UFOoff my plate!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:58 AM

I believe it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)