Where you live

Old 09-25-2011, 06:52 AM

I live in north central Florida and don't really like it. I miss mountains, crispy fall weather and colors...and good soil to garden in! Nothing grows in this white sugar sand. The only time I don't mind being here is when the rest of the country gets socked in with snow and ice.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltbeagle
I live in north central Florida and don't really like it. I miss mountains, crispy fall weather and colors...and good soil to garden in! Nothing grows in this white sugar sand. The only time I don't mind being here is when the rest of the country gets socked in with snow and ice.
You need to move to the coast... that is the benefit of living in florida...along with the weather.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:21 AM

i live in central jersey and i would never have chosen this place.
it's a lovely old small (for a new york suburb) town, 14,000, but it's still a suburb. we moved here for my husband's work at rutger's, stayed for the easy commute to the port authority towers (wasn't that a mistake!) and because we still had a son in h.s. now, i wish we were back in new york but i have a daughter and retired son in law here who help us out when i need help.
(a retired son in law?? how can that be?)

jersey has the all-time worst weather in the entire world. it invented the words damp and clammy.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:29 AM

I love Texas, but after last summer...not so sure anymore!
Old 09-25-2011, 07:31 AM

I live on the north Oregon coast. We came for my husband's business, intending to stay 3-5 years. Neither of us likes coastal living - constantly cold, wet and windy. For ANY kind of shopping, with the exception of food, it's a minimum 1 hour drive, which isn't the issue. It's the fact there is NO shopping here. We plan (hope?) to move to the central or eastern part of Oregon or southern Washington within the next year for retirement. Both of us were raised in country settings and want to return to that.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:13 AM

Love where I live..moved here after my DH died and I am close by my family and precious grandchildren. If I could live anywhere it would be NYC!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:22 AM

We live in Mesa, AZ becasue our daughters and their families are here. We moved from here to NC about 15 yrs ago and lived there for 11 yrs. before returning here at the request of our family. I love AZ, but hubby is not as fond of it. He is from WV and I am from the Adirondack mountains of NY. If we could, we would move to WV or the Adirondacks now that we are retired and would not have to fight the snow in the winter. BUT...those who are dear to us are here...so here we shall stay.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:32 AM

Have lived all over-CA, MD, CO, PA, Australia, Hong Kong.
Moved here for hubby's work as I am retired. Always wanted to live in New England-love the seasons. Expensive but then where isn't-Hubby wants to move to NC/SC when he retires. Me I would like to stay here as I have a close medical, small town, safe area, and lots of wildlife. And it is very quiet!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:42 AM
Power Poster

I LOVE where i live.
i came here coz:
i love the inddor out door pool, te4nnis couts, jacuzzi, cafe, library, bocci courts, golf course, walking trail, clubhouse and sooo much more, i love the neighbors, privacy and secluded location, we moved here 1 1/2 yrs ago, it's Medford Long Island NY in the center of theisland, it's close to all and it's great.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by IraJane
Met my husband at Purdue in West Lafayette, In. Both of us were from different parts of the state, but we moved to the area where his grandparents lived in northeast In. in farm and lake country about 50 miles north of Ft. Wayne. He had such great memories of being here growing up. That was 40 yrs ago and now we live in the country in the woods in a log house that my husband and his father built in the 80's. Both of us are retired and we love being home. I live in the county with Shipshewana for those of you who know the fabric stores there. :)
Love shopping at Shipshewana :thumbup: