Tired of carping!

Old 09-25-2011, 10:50 AM

I was in the hospital this week for about 3 days. I met the ,most wonderful people who have come here from around the world. They are not patients but they work at the hospital. A lot of them are from Africa and just as lovely as can be. My main nurse was an Indian and I will never forget her.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:51 AM

Yeah --- as others said -- a negative thread about negativity. If you are bothered by it, close down your computer and go QUILT!
Old 09-25-2011, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by maryb44662
Originally Posted by Great-great granny
Living alone at 77, this is my 'second family'. It's where I come FIRST THING EACH AM & have my morning coffee w/friends I have something in common with - a love of quilting. It's where I come to get at least one ROFL or at least a chuckle every day.

It's where I come to share the loss of a loved one & sympathize w/others who have a great loss or burden on their heart that others help lift them up from .

It's where I know I will find at least one great tip for the day & view beautiful creations from people who REALLY CARE.

It's where I receive another beautiful blessing each day.

Hope each of you have a blessed day & all your quilts are filled w/love. :lol:
YUP!!! AM, NOON and PM are my sign in times. I love the way you put it Great-Great Granny. I am in the same boat and LOVE this board and ALL the wonderful folks here. Love to everyone, and have a Blessed Day!!!! Mary
Ditto to what has been said.

When I say this topic on Carping, I wondered if she mis-spelled something and she did not like her carpeting. Boy, was I wrong.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by donnajean
You wrote a very negative post - about negativity. I don't think QB members predominately post negative comments. I find the board very positive & supportive.
I agree...and although I don't like to complain, I find that it's therapeutic to vent - sometimes in a venue as such this - because I know most of those who read it have experienced the same thing...and in reading someone else's vent I realize I'm not alone, or in many cases, my vent is a minor one compared to others.

Now, if all I found on this board was negative and cutting (verbally speaking) I would disassociate myself post-haste.
But, I'm still here.

:lol: :thumbup:
Old 09-25-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by TxDiana
I'm so new at quilting I thought CARPING was a block ??? Now that's funny.. Anyway u look st it.
I didn't think it was a block...I thought it was a technique LOL......
I do understand the posters frustration...I find in myself a need to constantly reminde myself to look on the sunny side of life. Thanks for the reminder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8N3hmOn2u0
Old 09-25-2011, 11:15 AM

Oh Froggy, we are just living life. Some days are diamonds, some days are stone. I thank you all for being here when my day turns to rubble, and when I shine, you all listen and smile!

darn! Hit the button twice -again!

You see what you want to see. I have never had that feeling about this board.
They say, "Be the change you want to see."
I will start.
Today is a beautiful day in Tucson Arizona. My husband and I are seniors BUT we are alive and well and love each other as well as our family and everyone on this board.
Have a wonderful day Bj
Old 09-25-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by TxDiana
I'm so new at quilting I thought CARPING was a block ??? Now that's funny.. Anyway u look st it.
LOL OK Let's all design and post a Carping block next. Be very creative. Heeheee
Old 09-25-2011, 11:33 AM

this is particularly for FroggyinTexas, but also for us all.
I was on vacation last week, had sewn what I brought with me too soon, so I went to the local LQS. I have been there every year, and love the store and personel. I bought a kit for a lap size quilt with repro Civil war fabrics.
Well, I started it and cut the wrong fabric for the background and didn't have enough to do with it either what it should have been, or what I was trying to do. so another trip to the LQS. The owner remembered me from the other day, and I showed her what I needed. the store was out of that particular fabric, but I found a substitue that worked. I asked for more than I needed (in case I cut wrong again). She said, It's $9.75 a yard (I bought 1 yd), so if you give me a $10; I'lll call it even. She was out some for the tax, but it was ok for her. No, it wasn't a big savings, but she didn't have to anything of the sort.
I think Quilt store owners would give you a deal Walmart and others wouldn't dream of. So, I'm thankful for nice, and thoughtful quilt store owners that really are around us. Thank You, Hazelhurst Wisconsin!! wooHoo! :thumbup: