Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-13-2011, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
Good job missy!Things are certainly looking up for you.I'm happy for you,and Kathy.How is your weight coming?What do you weigh now?Please tell Kathy hi for us.I know you'll do a great job on that quilt.Esp if you do it the easy no fail way from Sharon Schambers.She's my mentor for sure.I quilted long before I even got a computer which was just 3 yrs ago for the 1sr time ever being on one even.I can't do any fancy stuff but brows only.I spent the 1st 2 yrs on ebay.The last yr has been on you-tube and now here.When I found you-tube,I was excited as I never saw it before or even knew what it was.(I'm a late bloomer)Now I'm hooked!And with this site,I'm in hog heaven!I finely have some one to talk to.Plus love making quilts!And losing weight is the icing on the cake.30 long hanging on pounds to go!Hope to do as well as you have.You've come a long way.Congrats on your accomplishments.Your a winner already in my books!
Thank you so so much! I weigh 352.3 now. My weighed was guesstimated at about 550 when I started this several years ago. I weighed 392 when I had my surgery in May. I do not diet anymore I just simply eat several times a day focusing on protein, produce and fiber.

I so love this board! I love quilting too but to quilt and have you guys...AWESOME!!

Cathie says Howdy to all y'all!!

Missy
Old 10-13-2011, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by mim
Congratulations, Missy -- what wonderful news. Keep up the great work. -- Mim
Oh thank you thank you thank you!!

Missy
Old 10-13-2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Good morning everyone. Lots of good news on the board today.

Cindy, I'm so happy that they got all the cancer. I'm sure recovery will take some time but hang in there it will come. My prayers are with you.

Missy, I don't know what to say. Congratulations. That is such a huge accomplishment to graduate from Impact to Care. Some people never get the chance to do that. You have work so hard to improve yourself in so many areas of your life all at the same time I am just so proud of you. Say hi to Cathie - My prayers are for both of you.

I've been some what frustrated with my weight and somewhat ashamed. I know I told everyone that in the early 80's I had stomach stapling surgery. It went well and I lost in excess of 100 lbs. I got down to 102 and my doctor told me that was to low and work at getting back to about 120. I did that and stayed there for several years but then went throu several stressful events in my life and ate myself back up to 233. In 2006 I was diagnosed with diabetis and decided to get serious following a diabetic diet as my dad had died of diabetis. I followed the diet and loss 130 lbs which brought me back to 103. I was happy. The doctor I see now has not said that's to low although I do look like a skeleton. But now my weight has crawled back up to around 120. So my question Do I just try to maintain at 120 or do I try to loose to get back around 103. I can't talk to my weight loss doc because he has passed away and primary care physician is happy with me at either weight. Please give advise. I scared to death that my weight will crawl up to 233 again.
Oh thank you so so much! It is not easy to have schizophrenia. The voices and the people that I see (not now thankfully though) can be very scary. When my psychiatrist put me on cloziril the whole world opened up for me. Taking my meds exactly as Dr Hicks has prescribed them has made the difference in living and just being alive. Does that make sense? Anyway...life is not always fair but I am happy with what my life is now. I have someone that loves me with all her heart and I have family that loves me too. AND I have all of you guys that love me too!! For that I am most grateful.

You guys are the best! Please hang in there Jeanne. Big HUGS!

Missy
Old 10-13-2011, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Murphy1
Congratulations. That must take lots of commitment on your part. I wish you continued Success Missy.
Oh thank you Nancy!! It has been hard at times but the prize has been worth every moment that I have struggled!

Missy
Old 10-13-2011, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
:thumbup: :D :thumbup: Congratulations, Missy, on your new found freedom.

Gelswood, That's good to hear. For once it nice to say, "I've joined the losers."

Doris and evaeli5252, you can join us in posting anytime and sign up for the challenge next month. We welcome your posts now.

Rita's mom, I never went to sleep when my children were out. I'm glad you heard from her. My waiting up days were before cell phones and texts.

Min, :thumbup: You stopped at half a can! Those things are addicting, but they have gluten in them so I'm safe.

Murphy1, nothing tastes as good as seeing the scales drop feels. Good for you!

marscrafter, Healthy eating and staying on your plan is a real plus.

MJ, how is your weather? Can you go sit in the sun with your bare feet in the grass and let the Earth's electromagnetic rays send their healing power? Supposedly sitting with your feet on concrete has the same effect. I hope so - it's less buggy and I can't be in the sun too long.

Off to use another of my Christmas presents - another massage. My children are such sweethearts.
Thank you so much! You have been so wonderful to support and encourage me (and everyone else too) for months. You are awesome!!

Missy
Old 10-13-2011, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I walked today at the thrift store and the quilt store. I am out of breath but resting. I got 3 pieces of scrap material at $2 ea and one spool of hand quilting thread for $5.

I am still awaiting the news from docs regarding the coumadin dilemma. It feels good not to take it, though.

I hope to sew this afternoon. It means getting up and moving, which would be a good thing.

Missy, I am so very proud of you! That is quite a graduation!

Jeanne, 120 is a good weight. I think you need to concentrate on health instead of numbers.

Remember, the purpose of our weight loss is to get healthier, not to have a special size or number.
Oh MJ thank YOU!!! You are awesome and I am so proud of you too!!

Missy
Old 10-13-2011, 01:05 PM

Hi everyone sorry I've been off of here the last few days the darling flu bug or some variety of it has landed in our house. Started the on the weekend with my grandson, then to my daughter, now to me and I think its starting its way to DH. It's one way to loose a couple of pounds but not the healthy way.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:56 PM
elm

Missy-
Congratulations. I love hearing good news.
Haven't been losing, but also haven't been gaining. Next week will be a bit of a challenge. I'm going to Hot Springs, Arkansas for the Documentary Film Festival. I'll be doing a lot of sitting and don't know if I'll get a chance to walk. Just have to wait and see. But, I'm really looking forward to this trip.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:02 PM

Today has been a good day. Did well with my food. My challagne is not eating but the exercise. With the new learning curve of breathing makes my exercise a challagne. Just walking to the bathroom takes alot out of me. So I will be going slow with the exercise. Slow and steady. Increase as I can.

Have a good night ladies.

Cindy
Old 10-13-2011, 06:36 PM

Cindy, I can't believe you are even thinking about exercise already. Has your doctor given you the green light? You need to take it easy and heal. Nice to see you and your furry friend.