Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-21-2011, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
hey! I leave the room and all the animals get out! wow! exciting times.

I've been dragging back and forth to the hospital for more tests, blah blah blah. I am sewing daily (a NSV) and working on lots of UFOs, mostly creating them!

I did get out today to the LQS and bought 4 1930 repro FQs. That was my treat for the month. I have been doing a GFG in 4 inch hexagons. It goes really fast (think very large!) and I'm enjoying the challenge.

My weight is slowly creeping down, I'm sure I will have a loss this month. That will be a huge victory as I've not lost in months. Maintained?-yes, but lost- No! This is good.

Missy, my newest drug gave me a bald spot on the front of my head so today I got a new hairdo. My new comb-over covers the spot a little, I figure I'll just go to wearing hats all the time.

I want to know the results of all the biopsies, etc., so please keep posting.

Nancia sent me the sweetest mouse in the mail, not alive, but a very happy one none-the-less. It made me smile all over. :D :D
MJ,

The hat is a great idea!

I should know the results on Monday. Cathie says that is when my appointment is with the doc but I thought it was Wednesday. So, I will call later this morning to confirm my appointment.

I promise to let you guys know as soon as I know! Love you guys bunches!!

Missy
Old 10-21-2011, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
MJ,

The hat is a great idea!

I should know the results on Monday. Cathie says that is when my appointment is with the doc but I thought it was Wednesday. So, I will call later this morning to confirm my appointment.

Missy
Missy,
I get my hats (I have many, many) from Tender Loving Care, an organization that supports cancer research and provides headgear for chemo patients. The prices are reasonable, they look fashionable, and they are super soft.

http://www.tlcdirect.org/depts/dept-7.html
Old 10-21-2011, 09:43 AM

Speaking of Peanut Butter.... I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I heard on TV that Peanut Butter is going up 50%.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:10 AM

My NSV for the day...I was able to stand in the kitchen while making cookies for my grandsons. I have always had to pull a chair into the kitchen to bake or cook. I am excited that I was able to do that for a good amount of time.

I am going to be making some more cookies in a bit. The great thing about me making these cookies is that when they are cooled they go directly into the box I am shipping them in. I do not have any cravings to try those cookies. Yay! I guess that could qualify as a NSV too! Wow...my NSVs are having babies!! Hehehe!!

Missy
Old 10-21-2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
MJ,

The hat is a great idea!

Missy
Missy,
I get my hats (I have many, many) from Tender Loving Care, an organization that supports cancer research and provides headgear for chemo patients. The prices are reasonable, they look fashionable, and they are super soft.

http://www.tlcdirect.org/depts/dept-7.html
Oh MJ!! I have fallen in love with those hats! Thank you for posting the link!

Missy
Old 10-21-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Pam 304
Speaking of Peanut Butter.... I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I heard on TV that Peanut Butter is going up 50%.
I heard that too & bought 2 jars since the expiration was 2013. As soon as I can't have something; that's when I want it!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:18 AM

I have started using those pouches of cookie mix for grandkids baking days. They only make a few dozen & ALL of them go home with with kiddos. Quick & easy :) Congrats, Missy on yet another NSV!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Beachbound
I have started using those pouches of cookie mix for grandkids baking days. They only make a few dozen & ALL of them go home with with kiddos. Quick & easy :) Congrats, Missy on yet another NSV!
Oh thank you so much! The cookies I am about to make are the easiest things and oh so good! Not to forget that they taste incredible. All they are is a box of spice cake mix, a box of yellow cake mix, 29 oz can of pure pumpkin, 1/4 tsp of nutmeg and 1/4 tsp cinnamon. That is it! Bake for 10 minutes and voila you have delishhhh cookies. The fiber content is through the roof and all the vitamins in the pumpkin are wonderful too.

I like the pouches too. Unfortunately my grandsons are in California so I do not get to cook with them here. I sure wish I could swipe them from their mommies for a day. Dern it. Oh well...LOL!

Missy
Old 10-21-2011, 12:34 PM

Am having hysterectomy on Nov. 1st. will not be able to go to the gym for at least 6 weeks, any ideas of things I can safely do at home during recovery. Oct has been going good, but think Nov. will not.
Thanks, Penny
Old 10-21-2011, 12:38 PM

What is NSV?