Brings tears to my eyes

Old 10-07-2011, 06:32 AM

I never left but always felt I could not do anything on my own. I found a lot of peace in my sewing room and have accomplished lots of things since I am alone.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:48 AM

I'm so glad that you had the courage and strength to get out of an abusive marriage after many years, some women never do or if they do, they often find themselves right back in another abusive relationship. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Caswews
ITs time for a new life to begin as the seasons do,and sounds like you have taken the road that you want to be on, an will embrace it. Quilting and sewing is therapy - it takes the mind into a zone of its own. It truly helps when you have like minded people who enjoy quilting and sewing to help you along that road.. Good luck and if ya need an ear, I am sure none of us will mind if you pm !!
Caswews is right about the therapy and the fact that many of us have walked the road you are on and would be willing to be PMed, exchange phone numbers and chat when you need/want it. You gave it your best shot for 22 years, now it is a time for you. The best is yet to come (I left after 23 years and wonder now, 10 years after the fact, what took me to long!). :thumbup: love ya, our quilting sister :D
Old 10-07-2011, 07:08 AM

(((((HUGS))))), Good luck to you, and my best wishes for your continuing happiness.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:18 AM
pal

No matter how hard it gets, remember that nobody has a right to make you feel bad about yourself.

You did the right thing. You will be fine.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:22 AM

I'm so glad you're headed on a positive path! I, too, lived with an abuser -- two actually. one was physical the other was mental. Life CAN be good --- life can be WONDERFUL! Hang in there.....there's tons of people on this board praying for you and will be here for you.

d
Old 10-07-2011, 07:28 AM

AS Steve Jobs said (paraphrasing) "Life is short. Don't spend it living someone else's life. Follow your own heart."

My misery and misguided sense of duty lasted 10 years. He almost killed me before I got away from him and the whole mess. If you have kids chances are they will understand. Don't ever badmouth their dad, he'll do it himself and you will shine even brighter.

I've been married 39.4 years to a wonderful man (but whose counting) and still have spasm of insecurity, but also days and days of thanking God and my dh for freedom. Whether you remarry or not (and its not something you can plan... I don't think) quilt, have girl friends, enjoy your family, put a pad in your car and travel, whatever turns you on. The fact that you have gotten out of a bad marriage says tons for you!

Fly girl!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:31 AM

Hugs and prayers to you. You have done the hardest part, although I know it won't always seem so. Time will make it better and easier and, at some point, you will realize that you are happy, really happy. It's a wonderful feeling. God bless you and strengthen you daily.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:32 AM

so sorry to hear you waited so long - sometimes people can make you feel as if your being on earth is akin to being a mud puddle!
When you wake up everyday just think, its one more day farther away from all that and one day closer to becoming perfectly happy about your whole self! Every step you take thru the day puts distance between you and your past.
when you need a boost, just give a shout and we'll tell you how good it is you're here, too. (I always liked the cliches: God doesn't make mistakes, and God doesn't make junk! You are just fine the way you are, you just need help actually accepting it! well, we'll help you :thumbup: ) sharet
Old 10-07-2011, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

ptayers to you sounds like you are doing the right things keep on quilting its such a good theraphy