Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ever lost a quilt top? >

Ever lost a quilt top?

Ever lost a quilt top?

Old 10-09-2011, 09:01 AM

yes, sadly, my mother lost a platinum w/diamonds all the way around eternity ring. We never found it.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by TeeGee
yes, sadly, my mother lost a platinum w/diamonds all the way around eternity ring. We never found it.
My Grandma - now long gone had hiding places, but told us kids where so we would be sure to check once her day came. I can now tell you just in case you need to check your grandmas things :oops: :oops: , Diamond rings - wrapped up in klenex in bathrobe pocked. ;) Cash, in sewing machine drawer of patterns - it's in the Barbie doll pattern. ;) May be more cash in the freezer, wrapped up in aluminum foil. . . . There was quite a list of spots, just goes to show you when we do loose our loved ones, nothing should be taken for granted as useless or garbage, they are probably holding the treasure....
Old 10-09-2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by athomenow
My mother is 86 and is constantly putting her purse in a safe place in the house where no one will take it. No one can because she can't find it. Her caretaker spends about an hour a week looking for the safest place today. Sometimes under a coat, behind the bed, in the china cabinet and various other places no one would think to look. Works doesn't it???
THey make a little device that you could put in there. When you need to find it, press the little remote and it beeps. We used this on and old, deaf lab we had. He'd go snooze under some shrubs and it's the only way to locate him.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:30 AM

Oh yeah! lost quilt tops, fabric, rotary cutter (that took 3 months to find) etc. it all turns up eventually, but I do understand your frustration!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:50 AM

This happened to me but it was with a book instead of fabric. I finally found it inside another book in my bookcase. Had me going there for awhile. Backtrack on where you last saw the quilt top and go from there, good luck!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:55 AM

no but i have lost my glasses just to be told they are on top of your head
Old 10-09-2011, 10:24 AM

You did the right thing. Ask God and then wait (while you keep looking).
Old 10-09-2011, 10:24 AM

[quote=graciemae]Looks like your cat in your picture is patiently waiting too. LOL I've done this many times and yes it will turn up.

Yes, CC is a very patient cat. He is also very wonderful and has to "test" all the quilts I lay on my sewing table. One of the QB members said he looked guilty! hahaha Actually he does!!! He does like to steal little soft things out of my friends purses and sewing kits and play with them. He "found" a little blue crocheted mouse and ran away with it. Then a few minutes later he brought it back, stuffed it down in the bottom of the sewing kit, and brought out a little purple crocheted octopus and ran off with it. At the time I had a group of my friends here and we all watched and laughed when he popped his head out of her sewing kit with the purple octopus in his mouth.

It is still around here along with all his other treasures. He is very entertaining. I am thinking of starting a thread with his "adventures" along with pictures. What do you think?
Old 10-09-2011, 10:34 AM

I lost a quilt top that was ready to go to the quilter; only thing I didn't have ready was the binding. To help clean up some of the clutter, I hung the top & the backing on a hanger in the closet. Problem was, the backing was to the outside. I spent 3 days looking for the top until I finally thought to remove the backing from the hanger & start over. Surprise!!! There was the quilt top and backing entwined in one nice little package. Now if I fold things together, I make sure I can see a part of each.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:11 AM

Oh my goodness, Lois, I am afraid you are joining my club! I do stuff like that all the time. I am sure it is there somewhere, but I swear those gremlins are at work again. I hope you find it soon, because I want to see it!! Please post a photo when it finally shows up. Blessings, dear one.