Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-07-2011, 11:08 AM

Sleep. There's nothing better than a good night's sleep. Naps are good, too, if you can't get 7-8 hours at night. And so important for healing.
I used to be very bad at sleeping. This summer I bought an adjustable bed. It is fabulous! It was kind of expensive but who can put a price on a good night's sleep. You can now use them with a regular spring mattress so that is what I got since the foam ones would make me sweat to death.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:52 PM

I haven't written for a few days because I have had a hard time trying to get in with this new program. I finally made it and I am glad because I need all of the support and help that I get from you wonderful people. Right now I am down 68 pounds and would like to make it an even 100 so I really need all of your support. Thanks for being there.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:09 PM

WOW...that's a huge loss. You can give us tips for losing wt.Sounds like you have it under control. Good for you!

Originally Posted by BettyKay View Post
I haven't written for a few days because I have had a hard time trying to get in with this new program. I finally made it and I am glad because I need all of the support and help that I get from you wonderful people. Right now I am down 68 pounds and would like to make it an even 100 so I really need all of your support. Thanks for being there.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:11 PM

That is fabulous. I started the first of September and am down 24. I had the munchies yesterday but have been good today. I would like to be down 30 by Thanksgiving. Then I will really need the support through the end of the year. How long did it take you to be down 68? I am going to stick with it and give whoever a fat quarter each month, I enjoy reading others strategies. The fact that I have been at it for over two months is my NSV. Yea!!!

Glad you found your way back, I think there is a place that stores all your replies, if you find that, then you will also find this site. Have a super good week.
Originally Posted by BettyKay View Post
Old 11-07-2011, 01:48 PM

The 68 pounds has taken me a few years. I am just not too dedicated. I go down and then up again. But one thing I have never gained over the top in my up months. I have always stayed down below my starting point. I do go to the gym every morning with my daughter she picks me up so I need to be ready when she comes at 6:45a.m. Last November a couple of friends and I started to try and keep track of our walking to see if we could make 500 miles in a year. I decided last month to see if I could make 1,000 for that year by my 60th birthday at the end of December. Right now I only have 85 left to go. I guess a "Bucket List" can be good.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:19 PM
mim

I finally got back to losing !!! I got rid of 1 pound when I weighed in on Sunday. It has been over a month since I went down any. I hope this is the start of a good trend.

Congratulations to all the good news from others.
Mim
Old 11-07-2011, 03:52 PM

I weigh in on Saturdays. I was up a little, less than a pound as I expected. I had salty food the 3 days before weigh in. I made stir fry and ate it for several days, with a lot of soy sauce. I also had baked potato chips. Too much salt I know. I was really bad over the weekend but am back on track now. I think sometimes you just need to go a little wild so you can stay on track. I had a handful of chocolate candy in my hand about to throw it in my mouth and put it back I will take control of my cravings and learn to eat healthier.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:06 PM

Hanging in there. My son got married over the weekend. lots of company in but did ok. I guess I was to nervous to eat. Glad its all over with and things are back to normal now
Old 11-07-2011, 05:01 PM

Things are much better today. The voices are less ugly and I am not waking up out of sleep by them anymore. Big huge YAY!

I bought a Bernina this last week and it should be delivered Wednesday. I won't be home to get it but hopefully my stepdad will put a note on the door to deliver it to our next door neighbor. I am excited because I had a Bernina a few years ago and did not appreciate it or take care of it. This will be different.

I am hoping that we head home in the next week or two. My brother had to go back to the doctor because of chest pain again. The doctor said that in addition to the heart problems he has gotten pleurisy. So much pain for him and when he coughs it is horrible. *sigh* I sure hope he gets better soon. He is way too young for these problems.

I made dinner tonight for everyone and my goodness it went fast! I made huevos rancheros, refried beans, homemade tortillas and green salsa. Soo yummy. Tons of protein with the only fat was the crisco in the tortillas.

Tomorrow I am not cooking. Yay!! I love cooking and baking but there is a lot of people here to feed. So, with everyone taking turns it is making things much easier.

I have been asked to make a huge batch of tamales but I am not sure if I am adventurous enough for that. LOL

Anyways...the big news for me today is the reduction in the voices. I just hate the voices and am always so glad when they go away.

I decided a bit ago that Cathie and I are going to bed early. We are so tired from all the cooking and cleaning and waking up early everyday not to mention all the traveling. It makes for some long days.

Take care of y'all! You guys (as my niece says) are BANGING. LOL! (Banging? Since when is that a description of someone? LOL!!)

Missy
Old 11-07-2011, 05:40 PM

Hey, you're all banging! (That's a new one on me too but then I am older than dirt.) I missed coming here for a few days and my scale shows it. I became very careless with eating the wrong things. Apparently I need constant reminders of what I'm doing and why. Well, now that I've cleaned out the fridge (my NSV), it's time to stock it with the good stuff.