Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-13-2011, 04:05 AM

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was a down day for me. I had a real bad hypoglycemic type episode in the morning and spent the morning craming sugary things in my system. This one scared me. I couldn't get ir under control and was home alone. I can't wait for the doc appts Tues & Wed. If the nuerologist is right it was really a seizure and not a hypoglycemic episode. So far the endogrinologist has not given an opinion. I think I'm siding wi the nurologist because my blood sugar is not really high during the most recent episodes and since I've been on the topomax I haven't had had very many episodes. Yesterday's was a bad one though and if it is a seizure what am I supposed to do about it. Well, this to shall pass.

Joyce, we'd love to have you join us for support and encouragement. We need it as much as you need it to.

Sounds like everybody has Thanksgiving planned. My DS & DIL moved to CA two years ago and since then we've gotten together with her mother and out oldest grandson for Thanksgiving. A small group but we're content. Others we used to share Thanksgiving with have passed away so we just keep it small. We usually have turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry relish, and some kind of vegetable and pie for dessert. Nothing fancy, just a small meal together.

I haven't heard anything from Missy and I'm getting worried about her. MJ have you heard from her?

Great loss meanmom! Congratulations!

Well I've got to go and wake up hubby so he can get ready for church. He's been real sick but is getting better. Went to a men's meetting yesterday which wore him out but says he wants to try church today.

God Bless everyone. Hang in there and have a great day.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:19 AM

I don't know anything about your medical problems, but maybe keep a written record of times,happenings,temp,blood sugar...what ever is important,for your Dr to see? Hope you can get some answers & help.

DH reminded me to make cranberry relish for our own meal after Thanksgiving.Just fruit & cranberries ground together.he loves that stuff.

ground
Originally Posted by JHolm View Post
Good morning everyone. Yesterday was a down day for me. I had a real bad hypoglycemic type episode in the morning and spent the morning craming sugary things in my system. This one scared me. I couldn't get ir under control and was home alone. I can't wait for the doc appts Tues & Wed. If the nuerologist is right it was really a seizure and not a hypoglycemic episode. So far the endogrinologist has not given an opinion. I think I'm siding wi the nurologist because my blood sugar is not really high during the most recent episodes and since I've been on the topomax I haven't had had very many episodes. Yesterday's was a bad one though and if it is a seizure what am I supposed to do about it. Well, this to shall pass.

Joyce, we'd love to have you join us for support and encouragement. We need it as much as you need it to.

Sounds like everybody has Thanksgiving planned. My DS & DIL moved to CA two years ago and since then we've gotten together with her mother and out oldest grandson for Thanksgiving. A small group but we're content. Others we used to share Thanksgiving with have passed away so we just keep it small. We usually have turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry relish, and some kind of vegetable and pie for dessert. Nothing fancy, just a small meal together.

I haven't heard anything from Missy and I'm getting worried about her. MJ have you heard from her?

Great loss meanmom! Congratulations!

Well I've got to go and wake up hubby so he can get ready for church. He's been real sick but is getting better. Went to a men's meetting yesterday which wore him out but says he wants to try church today.

God Bless everyone. Hang in there and have a great day.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:09 PM

Jeanne.....you are in my prayers for answers to what is going on with your health. If it is seizures causing low blood sugar, it would be a good thing to know what to do. Plainpat has a good idea of writing down what is going on when it happens to show the doctor, date, time, events happening and what it takes to recover.

I ventured out to Walmart for the first time since getting sick. I don't think I will go on a sunday again for aawhile. And none of the motorized carts were available. So I held on to the cart and went slow. Mom was done before I was.

Now I am resting, surfing the net and checking out the QB.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:15 PM

Ok, I tried to send Missy a PM but her mailbox is full so would not let anymore message go thru until she deletes some of them.

I am praying she is ok. Anyone know another way to get ahold of her????
Old 11-13-2011, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
I weighed in this morning. I was down 4.4 pounds!!! I worked hard this week for that. Lots of exercise and followed my weight watchers pretty close. That makes a total of 37.8 pounds. We just went to a birthday party that I knew would be a problem. It was roaring 20's theme. They always have really good food. I tried to fill up on the shrimp. I did ok, not good but ok. It could have been worse. Back on the elliptical tomorrow and back to eating right. Hope the scale news is good next week too. I would like to be down 50 pounds by Christmas.
great job, sounds like you're on the right track
Old 11-13-2011, 06:57 PM

talking with Missy now, she's fine and home.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem View Post
talking with Missy now, she's fine and home.
Good to hear. She is a important part of our group.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:51 PM

How is everybody doing?
Old 11-14-2011, 02:18 AM

Hi Karen, welcome. MJ, Thanks for getting ahold of Missy - we miss her.

Patti, that's a good idea to write everything down so I can tell all the details to the docs. Things have been going O.K. since Sat. so I'm hopeing to get to the doc tomorrow before anything else happens. When I get off the computer I'm going to write everything I can remember from Sat.

One of my friends from church gave me and mu hubby prayer shawls yesterday. They are real neat. She knits a shawl and then takes it around to different people and the pastors and the say prayers for the people the shawls the people are going to. So we each got a shawl to curl up in that came with many prayers and many blessings.

Patti, what kind of fruit do you put in your cranberry relish. My MIL used to make something like that but just use cranberries and oranges.

I have to go and work on a quilt top that has to be done by Sat. morning. God Bless. Have a good day.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:27 AM

I'm happy to report I'm down 2pds as of this morn.Don't know why I was stalled for 4-6 wks,but seems I don't show a 1/2pd loss.9 wks & 12 pds gone.

My kick start might have been helped by a day of very low cal eating.If that works for me, will keep it up,one day a wk.

Funny thing is, found I'm not hungry on low cal day.....so works for me.One reason I don't have much faith in "diets" is because we're all different & have to find the plan that helps us lose wt.One size fits all doesn't work.

Off my soapbox now. Hope we all have a good day & good wk of healthy eating.