Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-15-2011, 02:32 AM

Glad you like the rehab ppl.That makes a big diff,so you won't dread going.

I wondered the same thing....if I lost too fast at first,so my body was saying Stop! Stall ! Since the body keeps it all secret,who knows? I have water aerobics today & grocery shopping.

Got the quote back on my page.Need to see it every day,it "speaks" to me.

Everyone have a healthy eating day.We can do it,we are doing it.

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
Today I finally started my pulmonary rehab. I am tired, not exhausted. I went at my own pace, they are great. All total with all the different exercises they had me do I spent about 35 mins total exercising. They said each time we will increase the amount of time exercising. It was a good class there was only 2 of us there so it was one on one.

I am ready to get back to normal and increase my stamina.

I think I lost weight too fast last month. I have noticed that I have put back on 4 lbs this month. It will come back off. I am watching what I am eating and now with the exercising starting I know it will come down. I also have not been drinking water like I should just my ice tea. I need to increase my water intake and will see what happens.

I am in control.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
i'm dropping out for this month. i'll be back in december or january. i love you all and i don't want to bring you down with my problems. you are doing great!! keep it up!! and i will see you all in the new year, most likely. you know how to reach me if you need to. my pm's are cleared 8-). xylie, stay off the roof and out of the darn trees! i can't see your dh climbing up to bring your broken body down! consider your fall a warning. you are not in cirque de soleil!! would hate to read on aol about the lady from bard, ca that stayed hanging in a tree for 2 weeks before anyone could get her down! lousy way to lose weight!! ta ta for now! nancia

Don't go away......we need you here with us. But if you are going you will be missed greatly. Whatever is going on with you you are in my prayers. I know this is a hard time of the year for weight loss.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:44 AM

Good morning everyone. So good to hear from so many of you.

Patti, I love your quote and thanks for the cranberry relish recipe.

Xylie you are so lucky you didn't break something. We all have been telling you to take it easy.

Cindy, glad your theorpy went well. Is this something you think you might be able to use when you're better at home?

Does anyone else have a little blue green box that says auto save pop up in the corner when you are typing in your message? It just comes and then faded away. Weird.

Also does anybody know the difference between "Post Quick Reply" & "Go Advanced"? I've always used post quick replyand it's worked but I don't know what "go Advanced" means. So many things to learn!

Well everybody keep coming back. We miss you when you're not here.

Nancia that means you to. I know it's hard right now but come back when you can.

If after I see the doc tomorrow she says I amd diabetic I am going to ask for a referral to the dietician to try to get my eating straightened out. Altogether I've gained 22 lbs and now we are facing the holiday's. I need to get some portion control, water drinking, and exercising going. I've just kind of bummed out of everything when this medical stuff came up.

Will let you know what todays doc visit brings my way later.

Have a nice day.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:52 AM
Power Poster

Someone please explain to me why, when I was in the hospital for 6 days, 4 of them were clear liquids only, 18 hours with NPO (nothing by mouth with a complete clean out) and a Saline IV with strong antibiotics, did I gain back 8 of the 25 pounds I had lost? It doesn't make any sense to me. Had no outside food while I was in there and just a GI soft diet on the day I could eat.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:44 AM

Hi all!

Xylie please take care of yourself.

Nancia I will miss you. Hurry back!

createforpaws nice work on the exercise but don't push yourself to hard.
Everyone else have a terrific day!

lisa
Old 11-15-2011, 06:00 AM

Weight loss sure is a mystery. I am only down 3 pounds so far this month with a goal of 5 more. I wish all health and success in the coming weeks. Be safe (no climbing trees or roof tops) Be focused ( exercise and eating) keep quilting and it will keep us mentally ready for any challenges we face.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:09 AM

Taboo Tuesday!!! This will be an easy one for us all, I think. NO SNACK CAKES! I mean the prepackaged junk foods like HoHos, Little Debbies, Hostess, etc. I do NOT mean 100 calorie snack packs or healthy ones like FiberOne bars. Those empty calorie 'pop in a kids lunch' type of snacks are full of bad things for us trying to lose weight.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy1 View Post
Weight loss sure is a mystery. I am only down 3 pounds so far this month with a goal of 5 more. I wish all health and success in the coming weeks. Be safe (no climbing trees or roof tops) Be focused ( exercise and eating) keep quilting and it will keep us mentally ready for any challenges we face.
I am right with you at a 3 pound loss & wanting/needing more. We can do it!!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
Someone please explain to me why, when I was in the hospital for 6 days, 4 of them were clear liquids only, 18 hours with NPO (nothing by mouth with a complete clean out) and a Saline IV with strong antibiotics, did I gain back 8 of the 25 pounds I had lost? It doesn't make any sense to me. Had no outside food while I was in there and just a GI soft diet on the day I could eat.
I'm not sure why this is but I have heard it over & over. Be strong & you will lose it again...just doesn't seem fair though, I agree!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:47 AM

Nancia, I don't want you to go. I know my reason is selfish of me, but I enjoy your posts so much. If you can't commiserate with us, then who? Have you looked into a Sun lamp? This cloud cover gets to be old stuff.

Jeanne, that amount of weight has to be your new meds. That's discouraging when the meds are something you need - I have a love/hate relationship with steroids for that reason.

Xylie, I understand having to do what needs done yourself so I'll not say stay out of trees, but do be more careful. No long reaching. I have to rewire a sewing machine and I'm afraid of electricity, but we learn to do what we have to. BTW, right click on the QB when you have it open and choose 'Send to Desktop' then you'll have an icon on your desktop you can open to get to the QB.

twinkie, it's the IVs. Fluid weighs 8 pounds a gallon, plus when you don't eat, your body goes into starvation mode and your metabolism drops to conserve calories so there's no weight loss for a while. It happens in 24 hours, not weeks. Were there steroids in your IVs? That's instant weight gain for me.

Beachbound, that's an easy taboo. I think I made last week's no trans fat. I didn't see the label on the cookies I ate Sunday, but I do know they were made with butter, so I probably made the week. Now I can finish my pumpkin ice cream.

Murphy, I'd love your 3 pound loss. I'm at 0 so far this month. Time to get serious if I'm going to lose 2 pounds by Nov 30.

I have half the living room carpet cleaned - now to do the dining room and walk the dogs before my daughter comes at 5:00. Bye for now.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.