Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Performance issues >

Performance issues

Performance issues

Old 11-07-2011, 07:41 AM

That's probably a bug they need to work on, but in the meantime, if you'd like to read the article, LEFT click your mouse at the very beginning, and continue holding it down and highlight all the way through the article, the words turn white so you can read them

Last edited by mzzzquilts; 11-07-2011 at 07:42 AM. Reason: don't know my right from left lol
Old 11-07-2011, 04:18 PM

Default How slow can u go?

This new and upgraded site runs so slow it is very frustrating,... use to fly threw the pages. I have cleared the cache, hoping it would improve. No such luck. Vewing pictures, takes forever.. it this going to improve?
Old 11-07-2011, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dingle View Post
I still have dial-up because it is the only internet I can get where I live. I am having so much trouble seeing pictures. They are taking so long to download with this new board. I didn't have any problem with the old board. Are any other dial-up users having this problem or is it just me?
Nope, not just you at all. I can't open anything in the Pictures section without having my browser freeze up and pics in the other sections take almost 5 minutes each to load so I now just avoid all pics. It's like looking at a quilt show on the radio!

Last edited by ghostrider; 11-07-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:09 AM

Unhappy buy and sell

Why? Sometimes the Buy and Sell section is there and other times no matter what I try I cannot find a button to click. Today no Yard Sale page or Trade section. Puzzled!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:06 AM

Yes, like you I find some of the buttons here today and gone tomorrow, makes it hard to learn the board. I have found several things one day and wanted to go back and use them again the next and never could find them. Not sure why that is happening. Whether the developers programmed the board themselves or used a package (as programmers call it) there are some problems with it (as there always is when you put something new into the system to be used) Ask me how I know ha ha! I don't care how much testing one does, once it goes into productions the little bugs multiply and come out of the woodwork like crazy. I have always said one should get a group of people to beta test a system before it is put into production. The users can find ten time more mistakes than the programmers can. But supervisors and managers don't always agree with that philosopy and if it is a package the seller promotes his package with a "ready to go" sale and it's not ready to go when the buyer puts it in as everyone has different ideas and needs and the seller can't think of all of them that's for sure. My two cents worth for today.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:22 AM

Default The board being SLOW.......

Does anyone else seem to have problems with the site that when you try to read a post that you get a box saying something to the fact of running scripts on a page may make your computer run slow? I get this stupid message EVERY SINGLE time I try to read posts. Also, many many times I will click on a post and it will take me to another page that isnt even the post. Can't think of what its called right off hand but it is NET something?

Definately STILL NOT liking this board.
I don't like how when I want to read posts on the secret pal swap for November....I can't seem to find the newest posts for JUST NOVEMBER. Very discouraging to say the least.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:44 PM

Thumbs down No smilies for me.

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
I have referred this as a technical 'glitsch'. It's supposed to be 10 characters

In Quick Reply, you have to click on the smiley icon above the typing box. In Go Advanced, the emoticons appear in a group to the right of the typing box.
Really? I don't have them, I only have the post icons for the title line. What do I need to do to get the smilies back?

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2011, 04:51 AM

Default Is it just my laptop, or....

was the board down for a couple of days? This happens to me all the time and when I can finally log back on there is no mention of the board being down.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:56 AM

I haven't noticed it being down!
Old 11-12-2011, 04:57 AM

I didn't notice that, but I have noticed that most of the time when I read a post and want to go back a page it returns to the day before page. Strange.....so after I post this and want to return to the forum list it will take me to yesterday's list. That doesn't happen on other boards.