Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Daily Digest >

Daily Digest

Daily Digest

Old 11-13-2011, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by laalaaquilter View Post
When I access the link for the digest from the email notification, the list of topics most commented only posts from 'MAIN'. Is the digest not going to include the most commented from the other sections? I count on that to keep me from spending the whole day on the board.
I had the same question, and then it just so happened that I was logged in at the time I clicked on that link. THAT seemed to be the trick, it then gave the other sections too. If I remember right, on the old board I specified which sections to include, so by signing in, it knew who I was and what I wanted.
I sure hope that made sense)
Old 11-14-2011, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Krisb View Post
The digest you get in the email lists the threads with the most posts (replies). To see the newest ones, go to the board, click on home. Now click on the forum that you want to view. Go way down to the bottom of the page, change "thread display options" to "thread start time". Click on the blue "show threads" button. Now the threads show in order, newest started first.

If you reply to a thread and want to know when some else posts to that thread! Click on "thread tools" on the Beigy bar at the top of the posts. Subscribe to the thread. Choose how you want to be notified of new posts.
okay...this simply does NOT work... i just followed your instructions word for word and the first topic was from 9-14 and the second was 10-29, Last Day, Thread Start Time, Ascending Order, Show Threads.... does NOT work...
Old 11-14-2011, 01:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by trolleystation View Post
Me Too...I miss unread posts.

SO many do, WHY can't we have it back?
Why are the new board inventors so arrogant to take away that which we like, so VERY upsetting, they have the power and we mean little.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:39 AM

I'm used to using Vbulletin software based websites. I wasn't too upset about the move to this platform but, I must say, after a week of using it in this configuration, I'm about to pull my hair out. It is terrible to navigate. It times out. I can't read more than 2 pages because the 3rd page in any topic won't load.

I don't feel it does any good to point out the new format failings because truly, all complaints seem to fall on deaf ears. Sad.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:40 AM

Default How do I UNsubscribe from the QB Newsletter?

I find no Unsubscribe instructions on the QB newsletter-- neither the email that comes daily nor on the web page that the email links to. Nor do I find an Unsub option in the Subscribe box on the right column of the Home screen. Nor any option under Profile or Settings.

How do I unsubscribe from the QB newsletter?

Thanks.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:36 AM

Thumbs down Too many repeat topics

I agree with many of you, why are the same topics showing up day after day, I'm getting no where with this newsletter. One whole week later, and it still makes me sad....
Old 11-14-2011, 05:23 AM

Faye you are not alone. I am recieving the same thing. I really miss the old board.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:47 AM

You're not alone. I used to enjoy getting on this board every day. I used to get on here twice a day just to read post and see if there was anything helpful. Now I find I don't want to bother because everything is the same. I do check every once in a while but everything is still usually the same, with maybe one or two differnt posts. I don't see the site as improved.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:48 AM

I use What's New daily which gives the latest. Not trying to figure out the old way just moving ahead, maybe....lol.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:50 AM

I tried posting a message in the quick reply under one of the topics and never did get it posted, I got the message to you really want to leave this page, no matter how hard I tried to post, so they have a few problems they need looking into, whether they do or not, remains to be seen. Will see if this post goes thru. Maybe only so many messages can be posted to a topic, who knows. The new changes are not for the best for sure! Yes, there are a few new features that might be nice, but over all, it takes all day just read the QB and I don't have time to sit here all day at the computer, gotta get to quilting. If I were a newbie that stumbled on to this site this morning I probably would not wate my time with the board.