Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim) >

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Old 12-28-2011, 02:28 PM

Nancia.....there have been problems with people not sending their fq to the winner. So it has been decided that everyone send their fq at the beginning of the month. The month I won there were 29 people sign up and only 13 fq'
s were received. That is a disappointment for the winner not to get all they expect to get.

I hope that helps explain why we are changing things up.

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
ok, wait. now i'm confused. do we mail the f1/4 before the month in case we lose? or do we mail it for the previous month because we did lose? i'm willing to mail it for whichever, just need addy and explanation. my mind is so focused on my mom, etc, that other things sort of get boggled. i have lost 3 lbs so far, but yesterday i ate my first dozen of sugar cookies in years. yes, i enjoyed every morsel, even knowing i would be wearing them later! i am an unrepentent sinner! i know i won't have the opportunity again for quite awhile so i am ok with my lapse. i don't eat the scraps-- that's why i had children and dogs. lol. the exception is salad. i LOVE salad for dessert! before, during, after and instead of, the meal. i will pick at the leftover salad on plates or bowls. my goal for 2012 may be as simple as just making it through. thatr may be all the challenge i can handle. i have found wonderful friends on this thread and i don't plan on leaving it, but my ability and energy to lose weight and exercise may not be present for much of next year. just saying.
8-)
Old 12-28-2011, 04:28 PM

how do u add to your buddy list now? or to contacts?
Old 12-28-2011, 04:51 PM

this way will work better for me! i know when i sign up i haven't yet sent an fq so will. do we send one to the winner of december?
Old 12-28-2011, 05:00 PM

Heavenly Hash is a close relative of Glorified Rice (rice, crushed pineapple, chopped maraschino cherries, whipped cream). HH has mini marshmallows, slivered almonds and other fruit added. I used fresh strawberries this year and skipped the m cherries. It was very good. I also used lite Coolwhip - and not a lot. The strawberries and pineapple were a good combination with the rice and nuts.

Last edited by irishrose; 12-28-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
this way will work better for me! i know when i sign up i haven't yet sent an fq so will. do we send one to the winner of december?
yes you will need to contact the december winner for her address, to send the fq. We are trying this new way for a few months to see how it works out.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:26 AM

when do we send you the weight lose and when is the winner announced
Old 12-29-2011, 09:54 AM

OK - I feel like the Loch Ness monster - I was up, I was down and now I'm up again - it was those cookies that my husband made (they were good and he only makes them once a year so it's time to move on)! There's still a few days left in Dec. so if I can get back to even, I'll think I'm a winner. I have to walk up to the library today so that's sure to help.

If you've had a good weight loss this month, I'm rooting for you! Hang in there.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:47 PM

My weight has been up and down this month, too. I like the Lock Ness monster comparison. I started with a five pound gain from Thanksgiving, lost it, and then regained it. At this point, I'm just trying to stay below the big zero that's looming and will start fresh on New Year's Day. Not a good attitude, I know, but I have a hard time not snacking when the house is in disorder and I've too much to do. Is it too early to put away the Christmas decorations? I like to do it New Year's Day, but feel the need to clear the decks. I'm thrilled my son gave me a Singer Redeye treadle for Christmas, but right now it's contributing to the mess. I certainly have my work cut out for me getting it clean.

I have been trying to post a picture of my son's quilt. The resized one won't load, only the original. I don't think he wants his bare tummy showing on an open forum. Grrrr. I'm about ready to give up and use the original - he'll never know and it's a nice looking stomach.

I am maintaining my current weight and getting healthier!

Last edited by irishrose; 12-29-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by dotski View Post
when do we send you the weight lose and when is the winner announced
the last day of the month. I will announce the winner will be announced on the 2nd of January
Old 12-29-2011, 02:24 PM

Hello everyone! I'm trying to catch up on all the posts since I've been down with something flu-like since before Christmas. Bad news being sick for Christmas but good news is that I lost 3 pounds during that time. Hopefully I can keep it off through the end of the month. Now that my appetite is back I'll have to keep an eye out for those sneaky holiday calories.

Best wishes to all for a happy, healthy and safe New Year......2012 here we come!