Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim) >

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Old 12-02-2011, 09:40 PM

Irish, thanks for joining in with me. I just don't know what is going on with my body, but I have stalled for way too long. I can't control all the issues around me but I can get peace of mind knowing I'm staying on track.

I love the fluffy quilt and I have said I was going to do this but haven't. I have some lovely fabrics I've been "saving" in blues, I think it is time to make a "blues" sampler. That is my favorite kind of quilt to do. 12 inch blocks.

I will start this tomorrow with the 4 lbs I lost in November. There, I made a commitment!!
thanks for the boost.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:51 PM

Sign me up. I've been into the popcorn way too much lately and I sure can use all the help I can get to get back on my weight loss program.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:15 AM

Good Morning I will post the list of those who have joined for December later today. I have had some family issues going on that have delayed me from starting before today. Right now I am trying to get warm and yesterday I was down with a migraine and unable to keep anything down.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
Good Morning I will post the list of those who have joined for December later today. I have had some family issues going on that have delayed me from starting before today. Right now I am trying to get warm and yesterday I was down with a migraine and unable to keep anything down.
Cindy, take care of you. Lists will wait. We that are participating will know it by the words we post.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Power Poster

I won't be joining this one, but it interested me to read everyone's since I have lost 76 pounds since March of 2011. Good luck everyone.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:46 PM

JuneBillie, you can participate and post without being part of the FQ challenge. Tell us how you've been successful losing that much weight.

Cold, rainy day here. If an inch of rain equals 8-10 inches of snow, it'd be pretty out if it were snow. I don't hink we'll be walking. Three things keep me in, cold rain, glare ice and temps below 10 below. Sorry, furgirls.

I am writing down my food. Not much on the page yet, but I am not a morning eater.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy
Old 12-03-2011, 05:24 PM

I am thinking of new changes for January.
I need everyone to vote.

1) I would like the FQs to be mailed to a PO Box at the first of the month, to be received no later than the 10th of the month. Any FQ that is not received by the 10th will mean that person is not included in the weight loss competition. Yes, I want to send in the FQ, or No, I want to wait until winner is announced.

2) I would like to think about a total weight loss for the quarter, instead of the month. Weight loss by the month means that new persons have a much better opportunity to win during the month they join. This does not reward the faithful posters who have been slogging along... so on this issue vote....stay with monthly?
or do quarterly?

3) Can you think of another fair way to encourage our weight loss thread? Some people post every day, some post the first day and the last. We had a problem this month with a good loser that did not win because she didn't post. I know our lives are busy, so I just want to be fair.

4) How can we encourage more participation? We had 30 signed up last month but only posting from about 30%. Is that good enough? Should we let it be and continue, tell me to quit fretting!!

MJ
Old 12-03-2011, 05:59 PM

1. Yes send FQ at beginning of month
2. If we go quarterly, do we send 1 fq or 3 fq? I feel we should stay monthly.
3. I feel by sending in the FQ, post when you can.....maybe we send a PM when we dont hear from someone.
4. again send a PM to encourage them. They may read the thread but still need to share something.

Originally Posted by purplemem View Post
I am thinking of new changes for January.
I need everyone to vote.

1) I would like the FQs to be mailed to a PO Box at the first of the month, to be received no later than the 10th of the month. Any FQ that is not received by the 10th will mean that person is not included in the weight loss competition. Yes, I want to send in the FQ, or No, I want to wait until winner is announced.

2) I would like to think about a total weight loss for the quarter, instead of the month. Weight loss by the month means that new persons have a much better opportunity to win during the month they join. This does not reward the faithful posters who have been slogging along... so on this issue vote....stay with monthly?
or do quarterly?

3) Can you think of another fair way to encourage our weight loss thread? Some people post every day, some post the first day and the last. We had a problem this month with a good loser that did not win because she didn't post. I know our lives are busy, so I just want to be fair.

4) How can we encourage more participation? We had 30 signed up last month but only posting from about 30%. Is that good enough? Should we let it be and continue, tell me to quit fretting!!

MJ
Old 12-04-2011, 04:18 AM

I think we should continue to do FQ's monthly.

I still think that people should make contact at least once a week. Unless they have a mighty good reason for missing a week. Maybe posting should be twice a month instead of weekly.

MJ, I have a problem. I PM susan and got an answer back saying she was not sending me her snail mail that she was not part of a weight loss group. Is there more to susan than what I sent?

Have a good day everyone. I have a migraine and need to lay down now.

Jeanne
Old 12-04-2011, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm View Post
I think we should continue to do FQ's monthly.

I still think that people should make contact at least once a week. Unless they have a mighty good reason for missing a week. Maybe posting should be twice a month instead of weekly.

MJ, I have a problem. I PM susan and got an answer back saying she was not sending me her snail mail that she was not part of a weight loss group. Is there more to susan than what I sent?

Have a good day everyone. I have a migraine and need to lay down now.

Jeanne
Jeanne,
Are you pm-ing susan... her name is susan dot dot dot

Thanks,
MJ