Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim) >

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Old 12-06-2011, 05:26 AM

Hi All!

Rita's mom. You are so right that's exactly how I feel most of the time. sometimes the response is a little better but most of the time nothing.Keep hanging in there with me and some of the others who also feel this way and hopefully things will improve. I am not trying to hurt anyones feeling with this either.

Lisa
Old 12-06-2011, 06:28 AM

Dang it! I lost this thread (again). Hopefully I have it set up now.
I am so sad to hear about Old Cottontop's death. What a shock.
Rita's mom, I have felt the same as you at times. Several times.
I joined this thread in June and have gained 4 lbs since then. I guess you would say it's not helping me much but I feel like I have many new friends that I care about and don't want to leave. For me, constantly thinking about food and dieting makes me want to eat. Mention the taboo for the week and I want to eat that food even if it's not something I even care about.
I have not sent out my fq yet for this month but I did buy one yesterday and I have Susan's address. How do you manage to mail it for 64 cents? It costs me $1.10.
My son left on sunday to teach English in Korea for the next year. I had a wonderful 5 months with him home. Yesterday my daughter started her background check so she can go back to Korea. It takes 3 months for the check. My kids sure know how to break my heart. I hope she finds a decent job here before her clearance goes through.
I am not eating like a person who wants to lose weight and I am not losing weight.....go figure. Would someone kick me in the butt? I would love to spend a month at some kind of weight loss retreat or biggest loser ranch. Who's with me?
Old 12-06-2011, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by susan... View Post
you asked me to let you know about nov fat quarters...it is too soon for them to get here, but only 11 people asked for snail mail. there were at least 26 signed up. hope that this helps with jan vote.
ssome of the most active posters did not ask for snail mail.
susan...
I didn't ask because Nancy gave it to me...you should have received your FQ by now tho.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:42 AM

Pam, I wish I could go with you to that weight loss camp. Couls it be a spa???with massages???? pretty please
Old 12-06-2011, 06:44 AM

Taboo Tuesday!

Peanutbutter!!! Yes, I know a little is healthy but lets skip it this week & see what happens.

We ARE losing weight and getting healthy...one day at a time!
Old 12-06-2011, 06:45 AM

Massages would be quite necessary with all the working out we would be doing!
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Pam, I wish I could go with you to that weight loss camp. Couls it be a spa???with massages???? pretty please
Old 12-06-2011, 07:40 AM

Nancy I tried to PM you but your box is full. I am hoping that your concerns are addressed as I understand what you are saying. PM me and I will send you my message. I would like very much to support you in your efforts.

Originally Posted by Rita's mom View Post
I hope this doesn't come off sounding snarky or mean but I would like to say as far as people not sending their FQ's at the end of the month, maybe sending them in at the beginning of the month would solve alot of the problems of the winner not recieving all of their deserved FQ's at the end of the month. I know it has been an ongoing problem.

I have followed this thread for almost a year now, and for the first couple of months I didn't lose any weight but then I got really inspired by Missy and a few others that were posting at the time. Because like others on here I don't have any support or encouragement here at home, so having support from others on here(something I have never had before) made all the difference in the world, and I lost 49 pounds. I still have more to lose but have sort of stalled out the last few months.

I am not sure why so many people stop posting on a regular basis as the month goes on. As I said earlier I have followed this thread for almost a year now, so I am far from a new person. I used to post regularly, but for the past several months I have definately gotten the feeling that when I post I might as well be talking to the wall. It seems like people will post and address the people above and below my post and completely ignor anything I posted, or like anything I post somehow is not being seen by anyone else but me. It feels like there are a select few people on here who have become familiar with each other and that is the only people they care to address or support.

I know that communicating through writing is tricky because things can sound harsh or completely different than you mean them to, I know that I tend to make a joke about things that I struggle with when I talk about them and have spent alot of time worrying that I have affended someone on here because of that or that something I wrote came off sounding different than I ment it to. I didn't participate in Oct. because of this feeling and then MJ posted that they needed people to post more often and be involved so I thought that the way I was feeling was all in my head and I joined last month and had exactly the same experience as before. I don't mean this to sound rude but sometimes it feels like a little highschool clique and only a certain few are included in it and the rest are ignored until they get the message and go away. I have even sent PM's of praise or concern to two of the oldest participants on this thread because after almost a year you really do come to care about their struggles and feel happy for their successes, and they were ignored also. I don't mean to sound like I am whining I just thought I would offer the thought that others may have had simular experiences and stopped posting/participating because of it. It is just a thought and I hope I haven't offended anyone by what I have said it is just my experience on here not nessesarilly anyone elses.
Nancy
Old 12-06-2011, 07:42 AM

That is the one I needed as peanutbutter is my weakness. I try to stay away from the starches as a diabetic and then I fall for the fat. This will be a good one.
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Taboo Tuesday!

Peanutbutter!!! Yes, I know a little is healthy but lets skip it this week & see what happens.

We ARE losing weight and getting healthy...one day at a time!
Old 12-06-2011, 07:50 AM

Maybe it is the holidays looming, but I need a kick in the butt too. Besides not eating the peanut butter, I think I will sip tea all day, as the weather is so cold - maybe that will help. I also vow not to bake til closer to the holidays.

Best wishes for your kids off on adventures I never experienced. The good thing is with the internet and skyp they can keep in contact. I hope they write you about their adventures and that health and happiness are with them always.

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
Dang it! I lost this thread (again). Hopefully I have it set up now.
I am so sad to hear about Old Cottontop's death. What a shock.
Rita's mom, I have felt the same as you at times. Several times.
I joined this thread in June and have gained 4 lbs since then. I guess you would say it's not helping me much but I feel like I have many new friends that I care about and don't want to leave. For me, constantly thinking about food and dieting makes me want to eat. Mention the taboo for the week and I want to eat that food even if it's not something I even care about.
I have not sent out my fq yet for this month but I did buy one yesterday and I have Susan's address. How do you manage to mail it for 64 cents? It costs me $1.10.
My son left on sunday to teach English in Korea for the next year. I had a wonderful 5 months with him home. Yesterday my daughter started her background check so she can go back to Korea. It takes 3 months for the check. My kids sure know how to break my heart. I hope she finds a decent job here before her clearance goes through.
I am not eating like a person who wants to lose weight and I am not losing weight.....go figure. Would someone kick me in the butt? I would love to spend a month at some kind of weight loss retreat or biggest loser ranch. Who's with me?
Old 12-06-2011, 08:10 AM

oh dear, Nancy I am sorry but I have been calling you Rita! oppps, I didn't even think that through...Rita's MOM! duh!!!!