Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husband punishment >

Husband punishment

Husband punishment

Old 09-22-2012, 04:28 AM

wow - we're a lucky bunch, aren't we? I, too, have one of those good guys who just lets me be me! No hassles if I come home with a giant shopping bag - he just asks me "Can we afford to eat this week?" Gotta love him!
Old 09-22-2012, 04:36 AM

If my partner decides to wait in the car, I always feel rushed. Usually he is good for about 15 minutes which isn't enough time to look so I only get what I went in for. Now, when he decides to go into the store with me - I have a grand time. He always finds me more than I was looking for, he matches fabrics better than I do and we have a blast. So usually I try to get him to go in with me, but if he decides to wait outside I will try to (doesn't always work) make a fast trip into the store knowing that the next time I will probably get to enjoy the shopping trip because he will go in with me.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:08 AM

My husband does that, too... and always at the top of his lungs. He's quite a bit older than I so I have to remind him that he's not my father. I have restricted his shopping with me to the grocery store.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:29 AM

Mine dosen't care how much I spend. However when he happens to be with me in a fabric store I always feel rushed because he hates tp shop. So much more fun to go with my sis because she also quilts.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:36 AM

most of the time my DH stays home because he knows I get "lost" in Joanns or wherever if he knows I'm fabric shopping. There are times when he does come along if we're out running errands and I need to stop to "grab" something at Joanns. He stays in the car but let's me know how long I was in the store (in a loving tone though). I'm always surprised because I'm thinking I'm in there 10 minutes when in reality, it was about 25 minutes. If the cutting line is long, I'll call him from the line so he knows. He's actually pretty good about it and usually just takes a nap while he's waiting LOL
Old 09-22-2012, 05:44 AM

My husband goes with me and he never says anything about the time or money I spend. He even points out quilt shops and ask if I would like to stop!! WOW I am a blessed woman.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:16 AM

Men are not children. Friends are amazed at how well my husband treats me & don't understand why their's aren't like that. They always say things like I made him do this or that. We don't tell each other what to do we ask. I happen to think its funny what he said. By the way, we've been married for 41 yrs.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:26 AM

Sounds to me like you both have a great sense of humor.. That is one of the best things to have in a marriage. I read it to my DD and even she laughed. And I "GOT" it right away.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:29 AM

I don't, generally, take my hubby along. He hates waiting around. There have been a couple of times he is along because we are doing errands together. When that happens I know what I want, get it and go. If I want to browse or have to look for "just the right" fabric I go alone. He never has any objection to what I purchase so I don't feel guilty or need to hide what I buy. He goes alone, most of the time, when he wants to purchase fishing supplies. Although some of those containers in the tackle store are great for storage of small items.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:36 AM

Dh doesn't like to shop except for groceries. We need another pantry! Anyway when I come home he says that's it? Or the few times he is with me and we're at the cutting table he says...are you sure you're getting enought? He doesn't realize I have TWO cutters helping me!