Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husband punishment >

Husband punishment

Husband punishment

Old 09-25-2012, 01:10 PM

Hubby and I are still laughing about the people that took it wrong. I think it's great you can joke around like you did. We do it all the time,

Originally Posted by Prissnboot View Post
OK, it seems a can of worms has been opened, stirred up, shaken around a bit, and

dumped on the ground in such a way that all the worms have fallen on their heads...

I........was........kidding about the punishment thing. My husband and I have a very unique sense of humor, and never miss a moment to tease one another about any given situation. I usually win these battles of wit, but when he does, I come up with something like "OK, Bucko, you just bought yourself another ten minutes in the fabric store!"

Can we all lighten up a bit and enjoy the humor of life?
Old 09-27-2012, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
I don't feel the need to "dole out" punishment to my husband. It's not right nor is it fair.

I guess I am old fashioned and don't understand this "new age" marriage thing about hiding purchases and punishing one's spouse for something.
I believe this was all in fun Chasing Hawk. In a serious situation I hope I would never disrespect my husband this way, but, after saying that, I have to say we joke around like this all the time and have a wonderful time together.

That being said, I tell my husband it is ok if he forgets our anniversary, my birthday or another event because I will just go and take care of it myself, lol. Now he knows it will cost him a whole lot more if that happens so he makes it a point not to forget. As far as quilt shops, he is in outside sales and keeps an eye out for new shops for me and then takes me there!! Gotta love him!!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

The various reactions to the original post were - - interesting - -
Old 09-27-2012, 09:09 AM

We have a newish Joann's and it is next to a Golfsmith's store -- one day I saw a couple shopping with the woman going into Joann's and the man into Golfsmith's -- perfect shopping trip!!
Old 09-27-2012, 09:18 AM

My good friend had her husband with her in Joann's one day. He was shifting from one foot to another while she stood at the cutting counter awaiting her turn. There were lots of numbers ahead of her. Finally she announced to all that were waiting, "My husband is getting a little grouchy. Would you hold my place in line if I run him home right quick?" Of course, they all understood and let her back in line when she returned.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:07 PM

I don't 'punish' DH - don't have to. His former hobby was cars - lots of them. And cars are definitely not cheap to buy or to work on. He sold the Volvos - 7 of them - both regular cars and 3 sports cars - when he no longer wanted to work on them. Didn't make a profit, but didn't lose $$ either. He also sold both of the model As. Same $$ ending. So I don't worry about my hobby. I don't go nuts in fabric stores or on-line - but I do buy what I like, want or need. For the past couple of years, I've self-restricted myself to no-more-fabric unless I don't have ALL of what I need/want for the quilt I'm working on in my stash. Right now, I'm making a 2nd quilt for a friend with HER fabric. I should mention that I actually LIKE her fabric! And she's told me to do whatever I want to do. I posted the 1st quilt last summer. It's probably my fav quilt ever. Pretty arty. I've decided to make a more traditional one this time - and I haven't made a traditional quilt in YEARS. I'm stumped! So maybe it won't be traditional after all!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:26 PM

My DH rarely goes with me to shop for fabric, but he knows how much I like quilting and sewing. I just try not to get carried away...too much!
Old 12-16-2012, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by Prissnboot View Post
My husband was with me at JoAnn's the other day and I picked up a quilting book to page through. He said "OMG, did you know that book was $25?!" I said "OK, first, it's half priced, and secondly, I'm only looking at it for the pictures."

Mr. Smartypants replies, "Oh REALLY, I thought you just bought them for the articles!"

After composing myself, I informed him that ordinarily, remarks like that would land him back in the car to wait for me, but since this is what I think he wants, he just bought himself ten more minutes in the fabric store instead! Oh, and the longer I spend in the store, the more $$$ I spend as a result, so keep it up, Bucko!

So I ask you, what kind of punishments do you dole out to your Mister Smartypants?
Mr SmartyPants never gets to go shopping with me or sits in car.....That's his punishment after paging me at store.Shop alone and love it..........
Old 12-16-2012, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by skowron5 View Post
Hubby and I are still laughing about the people that took it wrong. I think it's great you can joke around like you did. We do it all the time,
LOL
Old 12-16-2012, 03:30 AM

Dh drops me off at JAs and then goes to Marshals and snoops around the kitchen stuff...he cooks! Usually comes to get me and I'm at the cutting table and he says...are you sure you are getting enough? and the two cutters look and me and smile!!!