Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husband punishment >

Husband punishment

Husband punishment

Old 12-17-2012, 08:34 PM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I think some people overreact to other people's situations. Everyone has a unique relationship with their spouse and I think it's fine. Mine is very unique and I like it that way.

Last edited by jcrow; 12-17-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:27 PM

I don't take him. He hates ANY kind of shopping that takes time! However, he definitely supports my quilting. I have my own quilting bank account, he built a beautiful 14' X 24' shed with a deck that attaches it to the house and he always admires what I make. If I need something and he's going to town, he'll drop by the quilt shop to pick up a particular item for me. He says I worked for 30 years and I deserve to enjoy my retirement! We've been married 47 years and I can't think why I would punish him....he's a sweetie!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:57 PM

They say "Shopping with your HUSBAND is like HUNTING with the GAME WARDEN." I'm fortunate that my husband hates to shop. He could never just hang out in a fabric store. He nevers questions what I spend, at least not verbally, but I bet he does in his head. I pay all the bills so it's not a problem. He doesn't get excited over my quilting and I don't get excited over his football.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:41 AM

My husband has such a wonderful eye for color and texture, he's a joy to take with me when I shop for quilting items. When we see other quilts at displays, or sold from someone's 'stash', he can point out the areas needing more attention. I enjoy him taking an interest in my hobby....he keeps saying there has to be a place to send me for withdrawing from this hobby....and yet he keeps encouraging me in purchasing items. Wouldn't discourage his opinion - might not always agree - but allowing him to be who he is, the reason we fell in love.....
Old 12-18-2012, 04:24 AM

When we are here in Texas DH goes to quilt shop with me and pulls up a chair so he can visit too. When we are home in Michigan he asks me if I need to go to the cloth store. So he's a keeper, he doesn't mind my shopping in fabric stores. Most of the time he waits patiently in the car. Since I have sewn all our married lives (55 years) he doesn't mind my shoppin for fabric.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:58 AM

You are so lucky to have such a fun relationship! Many times I think it would be nice to have someone with me for their opinion...but I took hubby once when we were out of state....he followed me around everywhere...he would of gladly done a drive by throwing me and the visa at the door!! He never, ever complains about what or how much I buy and will gladly put up another shelf to hold it all! He is a keeper.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
They say "Shopping with your HUSBAND is like HUNTING with the GAME WARDEN." I'm fortunate that my husband hates to shop. He could never just hang out in a fabric store. He nevers questions what I spend, at least not verbally, but I bet he does in his head. I pay all the bills so it's not a problem. He doesn't get excited over my quilting and I don't get excited over his football.
This is my husband & I haha....He supports my quilting so much and I love him for that...and yeah, he watches a lot of football haha...I love to shop by myself where I can think & take my time...He doesn't like shopping so he drops me off at my fabric store then heads to his type of stores lol...
Old 12-18-2012, 07:24 AM

LOL Mine stays in the car ---- because he WANTS to......and I find when he goes into the store with me we end up spending MORE. Yeah, I'm frugal and don't want some of the stuff he buys.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:30 AM

I have had several husbands in my lifetime and I had one like yours...I say..."had". I always arranged to do my shopping when he was not with me, I never felt I should have to punish a grown man...but taking him with me to shop for fabric was punishment for ME. My present husband loves to go, he looks at everything and when I am checking out, he asks if I am sure I haven't forgotten anything. I'm keeping this one. 'Nuff said.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:38 AM

LOL! My hubby doesn't really like fabric shopping either, but he's a pretty good sport about it when I can talk him into comming with me. But if he whines at me like the kids I usually do talk to him like a child. Something to the effect of, "Shhh, mommy's shopping." Or some silly thing like that. He really doesn't whine much though. So, I guess I've never felt the need to punnish him. But I suppose if he ever got really whiney I might have to borrow the, "Okay, 10 more minutes in the store for you Mr. Smartypants" bit. It's kinda cute.