Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husband punishment >

Husband punishment

Husband punishment

Old 09-23-2012, 07:54 PM

My hubby doesn,t quilt --but--he has gone with me and at times paid for my fabrics himself. When Our quilting group goes on a shop hop--he always offers me money to spend--so I would never punish him. He,s great in my book.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:58 AM

My DH always takes me where ever I want to go. Sometimes he waits in the car when I am shopping for fabrics, etc. Other times, he comes in the store and helps me shop. He will take care of finding things like buttons and accessories. He will often go on his own to look for fabrics I might like. He has a great sense of design and is a valuable partner in my creative ventures. I, too often end up buying more than I had planned because he encourages me to make sure I have enough of everything that I want and need. He tells me he does that because he doesn't want to have to make another trip in the near future. lol He is always ready to go anytime I want and will ask me if I need anything when we are out and about near a fabric store. I do so Love him and he loves me. Punishment is not a word in our vocabulary.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Card Crafter View Post
sounds like a lot of marriages out there with no sense of humor! My hubby and I have been married for 32 years and love to tease and joke with each other (as the original poster). BTW, we both work and buy what we want without asking permission but we still lovingly joke about our hobbies.
I'm think the word "punishment" might not have agreed with some people when it comes to their DH. As I posted before it is not in our vocabulary. Humor is definitely a major ingredient in our marriage of 48 years. It makes live so much more enjoyable and my favorite thing in life is to hear the sound of my DHs laughter.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:25 AM

Oh too funny.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:25 PM

OK, it seems a can of worms has been opened, stirred up, shaken around a bit, and dumped on the ground in such a way that all the worms have fallen on their heads...

I........was........kidding about the punishment thing. My husband and I have a very unique sense of humor, and never miss a moment to tease one another about any given situation. I usually win these battles of wit, but when he does, I come up with something like "OK, Bucko, you just bought yourself another ten minutes in the fabric store!"

Can we all lighten up a bit and enjoy the humor of life?
Old 09-24-2012, 05:42 PM

Some o' us got it. My DH thought it was hilarious!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by nstitches4u View Post
DH doesn't say anything about my fabric purchases. When we were in Hawaii, I wanted to buy some Hawaiian prints and batiks. We asked a gentleman where to go to find Hawaiian fabric. He gave us directions to the place that provides all the fabric for costumes for the Hawaiian shows and luau's. I was trying my best to keep my purchases to a minimum, but DH kept bringing over bolts and fabric and saying, "You should get some of this." When I said, I thought I had enough, he said, "You should buy more because it will probably be a long time before we come back here." I ended up buying 69 yds. and having it shipped back home. DH is such an enabler! lol
Your hubby is a dream!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Prissnboot View Post
OK, it seems a can of worms has been opened, stirred up, shaken around a bit, and dumped on the ground in such a way that all the worms have fallen on their heads...

I........was........kidding about the punishment thing. My husband and I have a very unique sense of humor, and never miss a moment to tease one another about any given situation. I usually win these battles of wit, but when he does, I come up with something like "OK, Bucko, you just bought yourself another ten minutes in the fabric store!"

Can we all lighten up a bit and enjoy the humor of life?
Some folks have to pass judgement. Overlook them!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:43 PM

Here's how my hubby reacts. We need a new kitchen door. I saw one on "My House is Worth What?" that was neat. I rewound the tape back to the door and showed it to him. His comment was "YOU don't LIKE that!". My comment was "whatever".

Thank heavens, I get to shop on my own for most house stuff------guess the door will be his choice.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:20 AM

heheheheheh OOOOH now that is funny. I will have to use that on mine. He loves to go in all his stores but go into a quilt shop all I hear is "are you ready" "are you ready" I just laugh to myself and act like I don't hear him. then he goes and sits down. lol