Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husband punishment >

Husband punishment

Husband punishment

Old 09-23-2012, 11:14 AM

DH doesn't say anything about my fabric purchases. When we were in Hawaii, I wanted to buy some Hawaiian prints and batiks. We asked a gentleman where to go to find Hawaiian fabric. He gave us directions to the place that provides all the fabric for costumes for the Hawaiian shows and luau's. I was trying my best to keep my purchases to a minimum, but DH kept bringing over bolts and fabric and saying, "You should get some of this." When I said, I thought I had enough, he said, "You should buy more because it will probably be a long time before we come back here." I ended up buying 69 yds. and having it shipped back home. DH is such an enabler! lol
Old 09-23-2012, 11:21 AM

Just give him a loooooooooooooong romatic kiss in the store and tell him you love his smartypants too.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by skowron5 View Post
I think some of these posts could use a little of the humor you have in your marriage.
Who says they don't?

Old 09-23-2012, 03:54 PM

Default hubbies...

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones...if he goes along with me, he either sits in the car and does his crossword puzzles....

or if it's hot outside like the past few weeks, he comes in with me, goes to the pattern table and gets a seat..and people watches.......

he doesn't mind at all.......and then when I am finished, I do give him something for being so nice........

the charge receipt !!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:01 PM

If we are shopping at the Joann's near home, my "Sweety" drops me off, says call me when you're finished and goes to Lowe's. This weekend, we went to Gatlinburg for our anniversary. I told him I wanted to go to Joann's while we were there and he told me "This is my anniversary too, it's not all about you" with a big grin and headed straight to Joann's and helped me match fabrics. When we left, he kept teasing me about how much "I" spent, then asked if the Walmart there had fabric. When I didn't know, he went straight to Walmart to see. There I found quite a bit of fabric on clearance and he bought me even more!!!! He never says anything about how much I spend. He actually encourages my hobbies. He made me a sewing room and told the kids "this is Mom's room and no one is allowed in it without Mom's permission". We have known each other for 35 years and been married for 7 years this week. He is my very best friend and a definate keeper.

P.S. My kids tell everybody that he spoils me rotten. I have to agree, he does!!

Last edited by charlotte37830; 09-23-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by MdmSew'n'Sew View Post
I learned a long time ago to not bring my guy along when I go shopping, whether it is for groceries or fabrics, because he has the patience of a gnat. The only time we go shopping together is when he needs clothing. And for almost 23 years, it has worked for us - sure beats the angry words and snits we used to get into before I figured this out!
Ditto this! I never bring husband shopping at a fabric store especially - he wouldn't want to come anyway - he just doesn't understand the whole thing and would say something like " do you really need that" or something to that effect. So, I don't have him along because I love to also browse and look at other stuff that I'm not necessarily going to buy. Just looking - and I wouldn't be able to do that with DH there.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:34 PM

Now that's one sweet hubby! (Smiles!)
Old 09-23-2012, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by mme3924 View Post
Yes, I assumed that's what her husband was thinking when he made that remark.
Aha......the light dawns! Thanks, Ladies! (Smiles)
Old 09-23-2012, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
Who says they don't?

Amen! I am very old fashioned and would never treat DH like a child, even tongue in cheek jesting, but we have a blast. We just have a different type of humor, I guess. I understood it was a joke when I read the OP, but I know my DH would be upset if I treated him like a child or spoke to him like that. Then again, he never would've gasped at the price of a book, either. I think that each person is just different and what works for some, might not work for others, doesn't mean it's wrong. Even with some of the posts that "seem to lack humor" I still feel aren't being rude. Perhaps it's just me. :-)
Old 09-23-2012, 07:02 PM

I wouldn't drag mine to the fabric store because I know he'd be bored and his knees and ankles would hurt standing around on the hard floor. Also, then I don't feel bad about refusing to go to the sporting goods store with him while he tries on a dozen pairs of golf shoes and swings all the new clubs. He's glad I have something to keep me busy while he's at the golf course, and I'm glad he enjoys his nice, time consuming hobby. There's nothing to punish anyone about. Someday maybe one of us will no longer be able to keep going with our hobbies, and then we might drive each other nuts. Only time will tell.

Maybe you can get your DH interested in quilting? If not, why is he shopping? Just to be annoying - or so it seems! If there's another kind of store nearby, maybe you can get him to go do something useful, such as pick up a few groceries, gas up the car, take it through the car wash, take some mail to the post office, etc.. Mine would much rather do that than shop where there's nothing he cares about. Put a list in your purse, and offer it up the next time he's making snide remarks.