Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What I've been working on the last couple of evenings >

What I've been working on the last couple of evenings

What I've been working on the last couple of evenings

Old 06-08-2009, 02:19 AM

How large do you cut the triangles?? Have already posted but I keep coming back to your lovely work.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:49 PM

The top is done. :-) It's about 62" x 76" (I measured it hanging up). The original pattern would have been 60"x60" but I added the additional row of blocks and different borders. It's just right for a twin bed, one of which I have in a quest bedroom.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-21389.jpe  
Old 06-08-2009, 01:52 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Wow! I LOVE it - the movement the strippy triangles create is fabulous!
Old 06-08-2009, 01:57 PM

Love it! It has a kind of optical illusion effect depending on how you look at it. Very nice!
Old 06-08-2009, 02:21 PM

I used every last bit of that JR, I literally only have slivers left. The pillow is the last pieces I was able to get out of them. I am going to use the green and blue stripes in a 4-patch for the back of the pillow in the same way that the quilt blocks are set. It's just pinned onto another pillow in the pic until I can get a form for it.

This is on a full sized (double) bed.

Attached Thumbnails attachment-21390.jpe   attachment-21393.jpe  
Old 06-08-2009, 02:29 PM
k3n
Power Poster

That is so pretty! This is MY room right? With the girly bath salts and stuff? LOL

Seriously, it looks like something out of one of those home magazines. The pillow is so cute!
Old 06-08-2009, 02:44 PM

Very feminine! I love the whole effect, and the pillow is darling.! You are quite an inspiration! :lol:
Old 06-08-2009, 03:17 PM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
This is from the book Jelly Roll Quilts and it takes one jelly roll. I had two of the Nature's Chorus jelly rolls that I tentatively have planned for a log cabin along with a solid white Moda Sugar. I decided to use one of them for this and each jelly roll has 10 of the white background so, I took all 20 of them and then selected 20 of the other colors. That still leaves me with 40 strips of just colors to go with the solid white.

Anyway... this was fairly simple to do, just a bunch of loooonnnggg seams sewing the strips together into sets of 4 then cutting them into triangles and sewing them into blocks. Now I need to play around with the layout. Each strip set has a large off-cut with the suggestion to cut them into strips to do a pieced border. I am thinking if I can get another row of blocks out of it that I can make the quilt larger, 3 blocks x 4 blocks. I could always take a few more strips out of the other jelly roll too.

Very pretty! I love your choice of material for the border. This is my kind of quilt. The pattern and the colors are dynomite!
I have been wanting to do one of these. How big are your blocks? That was just one jelly roll plus the material for the borders??Who is the author of the book Jelly Roll Quilts? I looked on Amazon and they have several authors.
Just wondering so I can decide whether to buy one or two jelly rolls. I am itching to do a log cabin block made from jelly rolls.
Hope I did not ask too many questions.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:49 PM

K... You can use the room anytime and it comes with girly bath salts and stuff. The bed has a memory foam mattress topper that you just sink into and of course a TV with remote. I treat my guests well to make up for the fact that I don't cook. :lol:
Old 06-08-2009, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
Very feminine! I love the whole effect, and the pillow is darling.! You are quite an inspiration! :lol:
Thank you. I had those lonely little pieces left over and had to do something with them. The last strip of border fabric wasn't a full repeat, it cut off one side of it (why do they do that?) so I used the inner part of it on the pillow. I probaby have enough border to edge some pillow cases in it if I want to go all out.