Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Attention:  All you long arm owners..... >

Attention: All you long arm owners.....

Attention: All you long arm owners.....

Old 09-28-2017, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks View Post
There's certainly no reason to take one of the big machines in for servicing when most of us are just a phone call away from great service. As for maintenance, my Gammill is made so I can open the top and side for cleaning. The bobbin case assembly easily comes out for cleaning. I keep it clean and oiled and it has given me great service for the past 12 years, over 1,000 quilts quilted, with no trip to the dealer. Had to edit because I forgot to mention that I have put in new switches, brushes and a fuse; but their online manual is a great help if you do not want to call the dealer.
same for me--I did have the local rep to some basic maintenance hoping I'd learn more. Then I was having problems which resulted in me replacing the power board on the back of my Gammill--which they talked me through once I got deliver on tthe part. I wasn't sure it was really right, so went ahead and had Gammill send up a rep (I live 3hrs away from West Plains,MO)and Bill showed me how to do even more maintenance. so now I've even timed it. Had to replace the original 2006 wheels on it this past winter and started having problems with encoder, so have re-done that too. Think most of us long arm are also mechanics!
Old 09-28-2017, 09:03 PM

I wonder if it is because of the batting.