Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
FFC -- One FQ:  "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c >

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

Old 02-04-2015, 08:13 PM
Power Poster

♪♪♫Strike Up The Band ♫♪♪
DogHouseMom has started! And started with some pretty nice blocks ... Congratulations!!!!!!!
Looks like some pretty impressive piecing (what else would I expect? ) Sounds like you have a really great plan put together and are well organized. Can you? will you please show us a pic of it? it sure would be nice to "see" the visual you painted for us. For some reason, I doubt you will do just five a month!!!!!!

W4Me ... Looks like you are "in" ... just don't plan for a year like our DearDHMom as I can't wait that long! Maybe you can tag with DHMom and use MaryK's homework assignments?

MaryK ... ITA with W4Me ... tell us your homework and we'll help make it happen. You are so close to the end (of the centre blocks!). I know last year when I was posting my goals monthly, it sure made a difference to what I got done. Type A's or what?

JeanieG ... I'll post that recipe tmro (hopefully!) ... if I forget, please remind me! THANKS!

#1PieceMaker ... don't just admire from afar ... why don't you Chase Jane with us too?

One step closer to me making that one block this month ... I just finished my V-Day qilt and hung it on my office wall! Yes, photos will follow ... I took some while WIP, and all were so poor as far as showing the quilting. Any tips for me to accomplish that, I would sure appreciate it. THANKS!

Last edited by QuiltE; 02-04-2015 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:13 PM

Great start DogHouseMom! I know this will be spectacular, and I can't wait to see some of those blocks!
Old 02-05-2015, 06:16 AM

DogHouseMom - so organized. Very impressive. Love the colour combinations you have going on. The first blocks have me wanting to see more.

Yippee, QuiltE's Valentine's Day quilt is done before VDay. We not only get to see that quilt but also more DJs from QuiltE. (Notice I went plural as I'm hoping you won't just stop at one this month.)
Old 02-05-2015, 11:19 AM

MaryKatherine - any idea how the group will work? As in, do you each bring some small items as draw prizes/bribes and, those who finish their homework get their names in a draw for a prize. There would have to be a back-up prize just in case you won your own item back. Or, first of the month you could each give a bit of cash to be spent on some fat quarters then maybe once a month those still sticking it out can draw for some fat quarters. Just wondering.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:34 AM
Power Poster

W4Me ... that would sure help me stick with a group if there were some added bonus incentives! Good Ideas! Maybe we need to have incentives for this group for stick-to-it-ness! You want more than one block from me? We'll see ..... priority is to figure out just how I am putting them together!

MaryK ... now she has me curious too, as to how your DJ Guild Group will work? How often will you be gathering?
Old 02-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Power Poster

As requested, here is the potato soup that I was brewing yesterday! The recipe is originally JanRN's and with her permission, I am posting it for all to enjoy amidst some quilty days!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JanRN's Crockpot Potato Soup
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Place in crockpot and cook all day ( at least 6 hrs) on low or medium, which means ... go and quilt!
8 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup chopped onion
.....(we both add more!)
2 chicken bouillon cubes and 6 cups hot water
.....(JanRN uses 2 cans broth, 4 cans water and one cube)
.....(QuiltE uses water and concentrated liquid bouillon)

2 tbsp. butter
Salt and Pepper, to taste

About 1/2 hour before serving, add following.
1/2 cup flour, mixed with water
2 cups milk
Let thicken and serve. Taste test, and add more seasonings, if needed.

Optional:
~~~~~~~
**add shredded cheddar or Velveeta to soup
.........(QuiltE uses it the cheddar as a topping at serving time, not in the soup)
.........(neither of us have added Velveeta)

**julienned carrots for colour, plus they give a little bit of sweetness
.........(QuiltE shreds, sometimes adds to soup, sometimes as topping)
**freeze leftovers
.........(QuiltE noted it will "split", but a good stir or whisk seems to put it back together to enjoy; often times it needs more milk to thin)

JanRN ... did I copy it right? and do you have some more tweeks and tips to add?

All ... Bon Appetit!

Last edited by QuiltE; 02-05-2015 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:38 PM

MaryK, please show us your blocks ! ! ! !

DHM, very impressive start of your DJ!

W4M, she won't stop at just one block Having finished VDay means lots of time for Jane!

I made just one today but with tiny triangles. I hope the appliqué pieces won't get any smaller than this!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]508925[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails myi7-344-x-343-.jpg  
Old 02-05-2015, 01:33 PM

Oh my ... took some time today to look at the progress everyone has made. Such beautiful blocks everyone!!
Old 02-05-2015, 01:55 PM
Power Poster

Such a beautiful example of perfection, Anael ... I really love that purple shade! And with just enough shading to show some movement in it. Perhaps another batik?

Well then .... progress some more yourself tonight, DHMom!!!!!!!!!
At the least ... this weekend ... one more day!

As for QuiltE progressing .... remember the plan is to make the plan not go into mass production of blocks this month!!! Plus remember that I want/need to do some other things too!!

Echoing and yooohoooing across the fields to MaryK ... yessssssss we want a group shot!
Otherwise, I might show up on your doorstep and take that pic myself!
Old 02-05-2015, 01:57 PM

Thanks so much for the recipe Jan and QuiltE!