Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
FFC -- One FQ:  "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c >

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

Old 02-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Power Poster

Anael ... gosh you have just been racing along again and now at 134! I just might have to steal your latest one ... fits my colour scheme perfectly! Thanks for your group shot ... WOW!!!!!! ... the detail shows so well in your pic and all your well done piecing and applique with a nice mix of colours. woohoooooooo ..... good recruiting, looks like you're hooking W4Me in! I'm with you in not doing the triangles ... not that I don't like them, as that is really what pulled me in when I first saw the pattern and made my decision. However, they don't work proportionately with what I have in mind ... but don't hold your breath for my master plan! That'll be a slow process, I am sure, as I do not have or do EQ ... just not the whiz at it that FarmerOK is! I'm sure it'll be a slow process to come up with what I want.

MiraB ... wheeeeeeeee Such pretty new additions all finished to take you across the 50 mile mark and now to 52!!
Remember, with all your SAS sashing blocks, your numbers really are further along than that! There's no "behind" ... it's at your speed and your own game plan! I hope that you will join Anael and I with a re-start group shot, once you get it finished to the end of that fourth row.

W4Me ... unless you really "want" the book, you do not need it. The CD is enough! As for our Canadian dollar, don't hide behind its pathetic drop! Just decide about your colour scheme, start with what you want, and some eastern supplements will be on their way too! Yessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OKSGlad ... you know that YOUR DJ does not have to be ALL the blocks!!! In your world, you could just do a few for some of your mini quilts! I can just imagine how EQ sucks you in and eats up your time! So what are you creating with it now? Lots of snow? and ccccold on the farm? Hopefully not creating too much more work and complications for all.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:06 PM

OMG, those DJ's are just wonderful! Wow, wow, wow!!!

Anael - I have turned the black triangles into the center to make a black center star, then will use black setting stones so each corner will have a design in black. I only have four more large blocks to put together, then I can start assembling it. Will post when I have it together. I hope it will be more cohesive this way.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:24 PM

Thanks QuiltE for all your encouragement, I have named my quilt "Drowning in a Storm at Sea with Jane", I have cut and sewed myself silly today but the first 4 rows are together.

I wish my pink sashing was a little darker but definitely not changing it now

Now to "think" about the next row.
Attached Thumbnails 4-rows.jpg  
Old 02-04-2015, 03:08 AM

Oh my Mirabelle ! ! ! ! ! Yours is going to be stunning ........ you put a LOT of extra hours into it doing the SAS sashing !!!!!

QuiltE, you don't want that block as it's purple with green
Old 02-04-2015, 06:57 AM

I can't wait to see a photo JeanieG. The black to the centre sounds great.
mirabelle - oh my goodness. FABULOUS! Great name. Those sashings are amazing. Love you little owl friend, too.
QuiltE - I like having the entire set so would buy the CD, book and templates IF I go there. I won't know for sure until the shop hop a friend and I are doing in late June. If a pale cream batik jumps out at me, I MIGHT buy it for Jane. That's why I want to know how much I would need for a constant. Funny, but I have a batik that would be just as good a chameleon as my sage in Nevermore but darned if I know where I bought it.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:42 AM
Power Poster

MiraB ... oooooooooh so nice! It's just looks like nice soft pink frosting to pull the blocks together. And I keep seeing the browns as chocolate! The two work together well, with the bits of butterscotch popping in. Though you have me laughing at the name of your quilt .... Priceless!!!!!!!!!!! That little owl is keeping an eye on things ... and looks like he should hop right into one of those blocks

Anael .. oh my eyes ... I thought I saw BLUE!!!!!!!

W4Me ... Here's the best place to order your book, CD and templates from (as far as I know) ........
http://www.dearjane.com/order.htm

The background question is answered here .... anywhere from 8 yards to 20 yards!
http://www.dearjane.com/newbie_info.htm
Now isn't that a straight answer. I have heard others say no way for the upper limit. Ridiculous!!!

To be honest, I totally forget how much I got. I have the feeling I went with about 13 and then ended up buying wideback and decided to take all that was rest on the bolt. So I know I have more than enough. Overload on the white was not a concern, as definitely one to use for other things. Plus I managed to score it at Len's and the cost was way down there! To think only a couple of years ago, I refused to use white ... and am now loving the look it creates. And not just in DJ! Because I have so much, I have just been taking a metre or so off the bolt at a time, and washing to use.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:32 AM
Power Poster

"Sigh", mirabelle. Wow. QE your description is spot on! Anael have you decided how to set yours?

Here's the 3 little quilts I donated to school fundraiser. The tablemat is about 22" square, the dove 12", and the hearts less that 8 x 11...can't remember exactly how big...the squares are 1 1/2"...I HQ it mostly stitch in the ditch.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]508777[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]508778[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]508779[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2015-%24175-elaine.jpg   2015-dove-peace-%2450.jpg   2015-%2475-3.jpg  
Old 02-04-2015, 09:43 AM

QuiltE - thanks. I saw that post about the background but was hoping someone would come up with something a little closer to reality.

Wonderful quilts oksewglad. I especially like the top tablemat. Something about the assorted colours of brown pointing to the centre draws me in.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:36 AM
Power Poster

OKSGlad ... How nice ... and your generosity I am sure is rewarded each year with buyers "fighting" it out to get your quilts! With $300 added to the funds, you have done yourself proud!

W4Me ... I know what you mean ... I didn't find anyone who came up with that magic number. Wonder if you contacted some of those who have posted to the QB, if they have records of such? The other way is to pick a constant but go scrappy .... eg. all WOW, or all creams etc? Or be like me and just pick a fabric you like that would be well-used in other projects and just go for the whole the bolt!

Just filled the cauldron .... potato soup brewing for supper and the freezer!
Old 02-04-2015, 11:36 AM

Mirabelle, that Jane is GORGEOUS!!!! Such a soothing color combination.

OK - Beautiful mini's - wow $300 - that is wonderful!

QuiltE - Oh, oh, oh - Potato soup - could you send the recipe???