Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
FFC -- One FQ:  "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c >

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

Old 02-02-2015, 04:19 AM

QE--DH is finishing a room on the loft in his shop for me. The carpet is being installed Wednesday this week. I will be going from the 12'x12' "clubhouse" to a 16'x18' room!! Besides carpet we need to find trim and get a couple windows put in, but those will both wait until spring. I will start moving in as soon as the carpet is done...most things are packed now so I haven't done any sewing in the last few weeks. DD graduated a year+ early, so finishing her graduation quilt is the first project I'll work on in my new space.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:30 AM

Oh what a great clubhouse carriem!! Looking forward to seeing pictures once it's finished!

Jeanie, I'm also with you on the BHMQ ! ! It's not something I would do. What lay-out did you use?

I made one Jane block today, working on the second one right now.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]508471[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails myl11-359-x-357-.jpg  
Old 02-02-2015, 05:08 AM
Power Poster

Ooooooooooooh what delights!

Anael ... with a lovely new DJ!!

and

CarrieM ... with a well deserved almost finished new location! You must have had a great time planning your much deserved dream clubhouse!! Congratulations to your DD on an early grad .... what's next?

Great news here .... it's a snEw Day!!!!!!!!
Yippppeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:14 AM

Anael--another pretty block! Keep it up. I'll be sure to show more pictures when I get things set up...there are a few on the PC thread of the walls and cabinet DH altered for me to use as a cutting table.

QE--DD is looking to get another serving job with day time hours. She is currently a server at a restaurant in a town nearby (mostly nights). She is having some issues since she is only 16...she'll be 17 late Feb, so a whole year before she'll be 18 and can do what she really wants which is work in a bakery or cook....(since she's under 18 she can't run certain "machines" in the kitchen due to liability).

Last edited by carriem; 02-02-2015 at 05:22 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:34 AM
Power Poster

CarrieM ... how exciting for you to have one ready to fly the nest, but I am sure you are sad to see her spreading her wings. A tough time for her, to wait to be old enough to continue on. Can she start any official training towards it? Or does the age limitations hold her back from some schooling in that regard too? Meanwhile, I bet you can give her lots of practice at home .... she can cook/bake and you can sew!
Old 02-02-2015, 07:22 AM
Power Poster

I'm getting itchy to get back Chasing Jane!!

Before Christmas Jane's temporary wall came tumbling down and I had blocks here, there and everywhere. Picked them up and put them in a plastic box. The wall had been overflowing, so when I mounted it this time (properly, no longer temporary), I expanded it. which should give space for all Janes to the finish line. The blocks have now been put in place, waiting for new friends.

Not being a purist, I decided at the onset that my Jane was not going to be the traditional layout plus that I would add some blocks that I liked but not in the original. I've been working with a general idea, but nothing firm. So my February goal is to finalize my Master Jane Plan!! (or should that be Mistress Jane Plan? ) That means deciding on a layout, and determining how many more blocks I need to accomplish that and whatever other elements I am going to put into the finished quilt. AND, so long as I make one more block during February, I will be happy!!! Hopefully more, but one will have me satisfied and ready to March on with Jane in March!

Now don't get too excited over these photos, as these are the Janes I made during September/October that never got posted .... and I have not made any since!
... I haven't been working like our BumbleBeeAnael!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]508488[/ATTACH]

And here they are with all their buddies ..... 121 in all!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]508489[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dj-sept-oct-12-1-.jpg   dj-septoct-121all-2-.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltE; 02-02-2015 at 07:26 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:23 AM

Mush, mush, mush. I want to see more Dear Jane blocks. (How's that QuiltE?)

No, really, I love to see the blocks you all make. This means you Mirabelle, QuiltE, anael and, yes, carriem when you get started. And whoever else might be thinking about it but just hasn't spoken up.

That latest block is gorgeous Anael. How many do you have done now?

carriem - how exciting to be able to design and set up a whole new space. I hope you post pictures here. As to your daughter, I didn't realize there would be machine restrictions due to age. I thought parents would be able to sign off and allow their child to do the work. Gee, that sounds pretty bad, doesn't it?

Me, I'm making great progress on my PC quilt. The 35 blocks I have done are sewn together with sashing and the first border. I can't see myself doing a Dear Jane but, I have now learned not to say never.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:28 AM

Looks like I was typing when you posted QuiltE. Yippee for 121 blocks. And all with blue. Amazing. I see a couple of ravens in your latest batch. And a bat. Gee, is that the works4me influence?

Rah, rah, rah. That's my cheer for Dear Jane progress. As you can tell, I was never a cheerleader in school.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:50 AM
Power Poster

Your huskies must be sweating buckets out there in the Banana Belt! They'd be delighted here today, in our Winter Wonderland!!!! Yes, the world is SO pretty and nice after a snow storm! Sun is shining so bright today.

hahahaha .... yes, W4Me .... never say never!!!!!!!!!!! You know how that worked out for you before!! BTW you can do DJs at ANY size, and they do not have to be square! I can see you doing rectangular ones!

Yes, others please, come back and Chase Jane with us ... MiraB and Anael already committed. CarrieM and OKSGlad vicariously for now. How about DHMom and her DJ progress? Also, JanRN? HuntAnnette? MaryK? (got to get our Canadian content in there!

Gosh wonder where the spiders, ravens and web came from for my blocks .... oh yes, the W4Me influence ..... and stash!

I should have posted that with my earlier post .... that yes, all 121 blocks are each made with a different blue fabric. Thanks W4Me for planting that seed ........ and nurturing it with your stash deliveries! And to others too, but it was truly W4Me that got the blues growing!!!

Yeaaaaaaaaa for your own NeverMore PC coming together ..... soon to finish!
Old 02-02-2015, 10:08 AM

W4M, I just counted them. I have 133 centre blocks now. And when will you start your Spider Jane?

Great blocks QuiltE Can't wait to see the layout you decide on. On point? Wonky? Mixture?
Yes, I used batik for the last one posted.