Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun! >

Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun!

Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun!

Old 09-28-2013, 07:36 PM

Well it's 10:30pm and time to stop for the night. I kind of got side tracked after dinner, did get all the measurements for the green lap quilt. But ended up sewing the leftover pieces from a Cathedral window that I recovered into a small wall hanging. So I did get some sewing done, and will have a small wall hanging to send with the quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]438641[/ATTACH]
Here is the recovered quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]438642[/ATTACH]
This is the original piece.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]438643[/ATTACH]

I will be back at the sewing after church in the morning.
Attached Thumbnails dsci3353e.jpg   dsci3349e.jpg   dsci2924doc.jpg  
Old 09-28-2013, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
While I realize it's only Thursday night here in the US, I wanted to make sure I included our overseas friends so I'm starting this thread a little early. I think I'm about to lose the internet for the night so...

Welcome to Virtual Quilt Weekend. Please come and go as is convenient for you over the course of the next 3 days. Let us know what you plan to work on and show us pictures of your progress. After I return from grocery shopping in the morning, my plan is to work on a couple twin quilt tops. I hope to have the tops complete by the end of the weekend. One is in progress already. They are Christmas presents and all presents must be ready to transport to NYS by October 16.

Hope we all accomplish a lot this weekend.

Heather
I finished the 3 dresses for the orphanages & now got back to my UFOs. My daughter & I tried to get the pics on, but the options that are given do not show, so we couldn't show you the pics.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:44 AM

Such fun! I posted my "Grin and Bear It" changing mat under Pics. Hope everyone is getting some sewing time in!
Old 09-29-2013, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
And I just finished this one up. Still have to find a border for it. The pattern is called "Simply Charmed".
[ATTACH=CONFIG]438579[/ATTACH]
This is just ADORABLE- I covet it outragiously!
Old 09-29-2013, 04:15 AM

Hi from UK. Working on quilting hunters star making a block to try out pattern, also making an apron and finishing hand blocks.. Only only one pic. So far?
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 09-29-2013, 04:53 AM

I love seeing all the lovely pics of what everyone is working on. I temporarily abandoned "Afternoon Delight" for the snowball quilt on the MSQC's latest video. I made mine smaller. At first I didn't like it as the snowballs are so large, but it's growing on me. I'll finish sewing the rows together and get it bordered after church. Then I'll go back to "Afternoon Delight" and hopefully get it pieced today.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]438660[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails snowball-4-patch.jpg  
Old 09-29-2013, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
Hi from UK. Working on quilting hunters star making a block to try out pattern, also making an apron and finishing hand blocks.. Only only one pic. So far?
Oh, I really like that block. Did you paper piece or use traditional piecing methods? I noticed Quilters Cache has both methods.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:01 AM

I have finished my dgd's quilt top, sewed the backing, and just sandwiched it together. Will begin quilting the top this week. My garden is calling me today. Here is a pic of the quilt top. and the quilt backing too.

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
While I realize it's only Thursday night here in the US, I wanted to make sure I included our overseas friends so I'm starting this thread a little early. I think I'm about to lose the internet for the night so...

Welcome to Virtual Quilt Weekend. Please come and go as is convenient for you over the course of the next 3 days. Let us know what you plan to work on and show us pictures of your progress. After I return from grocery shopping in the morning, my plan is to work on a couple twin quilt tops. I hope to have the tops complete by the end of the weekend. One is in progress already. They are Christmas presents and all presents must be ready to transport to NYS by October 16.

Hope we all accomplish a lot this weekend.

Heather
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   003.jpg  
Old 09-29-2013, 05:01 AM

How about the quilt label there?

Originally Posted by jmbaker3051 View Post
Had the grandkids visit for awhile today but still got a good start on the Frosty the Snowman throw. Got everything cut out ready to sew together (except borders)...notice the empty square in bottom right corner? The Frosty panels are from fabric that was intended to make a fabric book, but wanted to convert into a throw instead, but it is one story page short, lol! Anyone have any ideas what I could make to put in this square? Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance
Old 09-29-2013, 05:02 AM

Love the block, very intricate. I may be doing this block during the winter. Great job.

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post