Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun! >

Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun!

Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun!

Old 09-27-2013, 01:29 PM

I am working on a piano key boarder, using adding machine tape. Working with Farmer's Market fabric.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:58 PM

I haven't started yet, but I hope to do some more wonky log cabin blocks for a stalled quilt, and maybe some granny squares too. Looking forward to photos!!
Old 09-27-2013, 02:02 PM

I put together nine patches for a D9P. Got them cut into quarters--will sew them back together tomorrow, I hope.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:23 PM

Had planned to spend the whole day sewing. Putting on binding and tying off ends on a baby quilt and making a crazy patchwork scissor holder but....... one of those days had car trouble so had to cancel my sewing class (therefore no scissor holder)plus unexpected visitors. Still I have sewn binding onto quilt and just need to tie off ends. Am going out tomorrow but hope to get some supplies in so I can make some curtains for nursery of my grandson due in 6 weeks. Also need to sew out label and tie off ends of double sized quilt which is a 60th birthday present for my sister (her birthday was in June!!!). Sunday is going to be the day that I finally get my sewing room sorted. My husband has said he will help me and I am determined to finish the task.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:27 PM

Sounds like everyone is nicely busy or planning on being so. I finished cutting out the pieces for the second flimsy I hope to finish this weekend. It's called "Afternoon Delight". I need to take a break and finish writing a sermon for Sunday, but I'll be back on either later this evening or tomorrow morning.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]438461[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails afternoon-delight-cuts.jpg  
Old 09-27-2013, 02:27 PM

Okay I just talked to my boss....she said since it was slow and I really wanted to go home I could leave 15 minutes early. Some times she is such a nasty person to me but today she was nice. But she did say, come Monday I had to really concentrate on getting my paperwork done. I said sure sure...anything to get home.

So tonight I am going to dig out the shams that go with my Bali Wedding Star. Tomorrow in the am I have Joann's and some other running to do, then I have more UFO's to pull out.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:02 PM

Ok, I'm done for the night. I finished piecing the strips for the Irish Chain quilt. I'll press them in the morning, then start sewing the blocks together. Thanks for keeping me company today! I'm headed upstairs to hopefully watch the Cincinnati Reds win.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:20 PM

Im in for the some of the weekend. The kids will be here for most of the weekend so not alot of alone time to devote but will be working on some farmers wife blocks for a block along. Will drop in every once in a while to update and post pics. Everyone enjoy their weekends and put on the creative hats.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Power Poster

How nice all of your projects are! I am finishing up my spa gift bags and doing the hand sewing the binding on four multi- blue and white rooster placemats. I had a blue and white check binding all finished on one and hated it. So off all four placemat bindings came today and I sewed on the new bindings. I hate the deconstruction part. But, it had to be done. I really hated the look!

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 09-27-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:30 PM

Wow, everyone has done a great job. I forgot to check in, but have been sewing nearly all day. Got one top done, just have to border it. And another I am working on the borders. Will post pics tomorrow. But I am done for the night, gotta go rest my back.