Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you working on? >

What are you working on?

What are you working on?

Old 10-13-2013, 02:22 PM

You are in quilt heaven, for sure. You have some beautiful projects going there. I usually try to finish one quilt before I start another although often I have smaller side projects to work on that push things back like baby gifts, etc. Right now though I have two quilts finishing up and they will need to be quilted on my DSM before we leave for our winter trip to Texas. This year DH wants to go after Thanksgiving and it seems that is coming up really fast! One quilt is for our grandson, 16, and the other is for grand-daughter, almost 5. Wish me luck. In the evenings I have a large hand embroidery quilt project for DH. Good handwork for the MH, though. It is a Crabapple Hill design "Vintage Tin".
Old 10-13-2013, 02:48 PM
Power Poster

You have some great projects on the go there and imho, I would be anxious to finish them. They are awesome.

My design board is so overloaded I can't find where one project ends and another begins. Just hope I don't sew them all together.

Just enjoy the doing.
peace
Old 10-13-2013, 05:16 PM

That is my problem. I am making a baby quilt, tumbling blocks baby quilt, t shirt quilt for baby (mothers t shirts) which are all pieced, 2 shadowbox quilts made with scraps and are partially pieced, a full sized t shirt quilt with shirts stabilized and fussy cut, a scrap quilt that is pieced but need quilting and headbands made from leftover t shirt fabric. All things are out, nearly organized and partially complete. I can't figure out where to start. I keep jumping from one project to another. I am making progress but am not very focused.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:38 PM

I love, love, love all of your beautiful projects! Thanks for sharing those pictures. I, too, work on many projects at a time. Today, I finished a quilt top that I'll take to the LAQ tomorrow and worked on sewing buttons on an appliquéd quilt that I just finished FMQ. Each day, I try to do some FMQ on my DSM and some piecing on my Featherweight. I am working on piecing blocks for the border of a quilt I need to finish this week. I need to cut out a quilt for my son-in-law and make a quilt sandwich for a quilt that I just finished appliqueing. Somewhere in all of this, I need to make 6 quilted tote bags. Oh well, I'm never bored and I'll get things finished someday.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:14 PM

Bobbielinks. I am so glad someone else works like me and on a mixture of machines. Love changing projects and machines and would hate to keep on one project minute after minute.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:35 AM

I too work on several projects at a time I would get bored with one
Old 10-14-2013, 03:54 AM

I just finished binding a quilt for DGS and cut the binding for one for DGD. I also am making a baby quilt due in Nov. and 2 blocks in the works for a BOTM I belong to. I am trying to get my shop hop quilt quilted at home and I have a crayon box and a log cabin in various stages. And 2 are at the long arm quilter so they will get finished. All of the quilt except the new baby one are UFO's that have to be done by the end of the year so I can start something new. I am making progress on my UFO's though.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:05 AM

I have a top all put together I just need to press it and then put together the back.

I have to do one at a time or I will have too much going on a skip around then nothing gets done. Lol. I need control my quilting ADHD.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:39 AM

FUN,FUN! I am most interested in your churn dash with little diamonds/on the FW. I am with you on multiple projects.

The yellow tulips are perfect. A very sweet yellow!

Last edited by quilter68; 10-14-2013 at 04:49 AM. Reason: To add
Old 10-14-2013, 04:54 AM

I have placemats that need binding, a walker bag, to finish, two patriotic quilt tops done, one crumb type quilt top done, and many more quilt tops needing to be DONE! I like the piecing. Not so much the sandwiching and actual quilting. For some reason, my checkbook doesn't cover as much as it used to!! Pun intended....ROTFL.
Lynnie...maybe we should start a UFO Anonymous group? Then we could spend more time on here, get more ideas, make more UFOs. Okay, maybe that's not such a good idea!