Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you working on? >

What are you working on?

What are you working on?

Old 10-14-2013, 08:29 AM

Here are three of my projects right now. I'm most looking forward to working on the landscape project.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:50 AM

I'm working on the last round of a round robin quilt. I never seem to get these done ahead! I'm also trying to finish a quilt for my dad for Christmas. I put aside the Glacier Star that I have under way in order to get these projects with deadlines done first. Those are the ones I am willing to name.

Well, I also have an appliqued quilt that I have had under construction for my great nephew. I keep procrastinating on that one because I am insecure about applique. (Do you think that the baby's mother will just forget that I am making it if I don't finish it?) And then there's the art quilt that I made in class this summer and need to finish! And on and on...
Old 10-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Power Poster

You're not alone, I always have several projects going at once. I had rotator cuff surgery repair in my right shoulder (of course), so I sometimes have to pace myself and change off projects so I'm not in too much pain; however, it's amazing what you can accomplish working just an hour or two at a time.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:56 AM

I'm currently making string blocks. The block shown is 7", my blocks will be 9", very scrappy. The kite shaped piece will be whatever scrap fabrics are large enough. I'll post pictures once I get more triangle sections pieced.

http://www.quilterscache.com/S/StringQuiltBlock.html

Sharon
Old 10-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Power Poster

Looks exciting....I would be happy to just sew...I am working on my new sewing room...hit another road block..County shut me down...Because I have a bathroom which was approved since day one when the plans were submitted. I am ready to just call it quilts....I may never get to sew again..At least not in my new room...back to war again....
Old 10-14-2013, 12:16 PM

I'm overwhelmed! I'm itching to do some quick Fall and Holiday projects but I must finish a couple granddaughter quilts first...I'm so close to getting them done. I can't wait to see the blue and yellow quilt-I'm looking for ideas!
Old 10-14-2013, 01:03 PM

Oh my, you do make me feel much better, I have 3 sets of blocks going to a swap, a Sunbonnet Sue for my sister, A Mariner Compass for my brother, a small pp Oriel wall hanging, a fractions for my Grandson, a Wild One for my GG, and a Bali Wedding Star for me. All should be done before Thanksgiving (Ihope)
Old 10-14-2013, 02:52 PM

I started out determined to make one at a time and not start a new project until the current one is finished. That lasted about 2 months. I have one top I need to repair (long story), one that needs sandwiching and then quilting, one that needs some quilting ripped out and redone then binding, an applique project I must have done next week, another quilt that needs some hand stitching before finishing the binding, etc.........oh my . I haven't even started on Christmas!
Old 10-15-2013, 03:24 AM
Power Poster

I have a 30's quilt almost ready for quilter. Just finished a couple of small 2.5 x 6.5 inch strip quilts. Have Eleanor Burns "Elle's Kitchen" sampler over half way done and starting a bargello heart.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:01 AM

I typically only have 2 projects going at a time... one of them is my son's tumbling block quilt which I am now a year into but it is tedious to work on so I always have a back-up. I have the fabric to start a "Gimmie Diamonds" quilt for my oldest son but before I start the cutting process, I promised myself I would put the binding on a quilt that was for a wedding gift which took place in July.

Does the crochet project I work on (only while being a passenger on long car trips) count?